You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fetch file changes from the iCloud

Hi.

I am super excited about the 1.6.7 update that brought better iCloud integration. I have few issues / questions.

1. Is it possible to save file directly to Affinity Photo folder on iCloud — seems to be grayed out to me whenever I try.
  2. How to fetch a changes to the file on iPad? Lets say that I create a file on iPad. Save it to the iCloud drive. Do some changes on this file on a desktop. I would like to coma back to this file and continue working on that. It doesn't do any update in a background although the update file is waiting in a cloud fully downloaded. There is such a thing as "fetch file" od "update file" or "sync file". The only way it to close import this document again from iCloud to AP and we are ending up with a duplicated file.

Am I doing something wrong? Are these know bugs?

I have a solution / suggestion for issue no 2. Currently these is no clear differentiation between files kept locally on the iPad and files mapped to files on iCloud drive. My suggestion would be ti introduce to the apps UI iconography that show three things (presented on an attached prototype).

1. File is mapped to the iCloud (and versions match).
  2. File is mapped to the iCloud and is ready to update iCloud version.
  3. File is mapped to the iCloud and is ready to fetch changes from iCloud version.

Thanks in advance for help.

Untitled_Artwork.jpg

• Staff
On 04/03/2018 at 8:27 AM, pawelgrzybek said:
  • Is it possible to save file directly to Affinity Photo folder on iCloud — seems to be grayed out to me whenever I try.

Yup it's possible.  Make sure you have the option under Preferences >General>Save Location  set to iCloud Drive.  Then from the Homescreen, if you tap menu icon, you'll get a save option which will save the file to iCloud by default.  Of course as this process relies on Files, please make sure you can access iCloud from Files and that you have also allowed Affinity to use iCloud under Settings.

As for your second point.  If you started work on your iPad, saved to iCloud you can then open that file from a Desktop and when finished, re-save back to the cloud and when you re-open it, you'd get the updated file.

At the moment there is no sync option or update file.  Hopefully it's something that can be added further downline.

3 minutes ago, stokerg said:

…and when finished, re-save back to the cloud and when you re-open it, you'd get the updated file.

I don't think this is is the case in current version. I was waiting for ages and I am sure that version re-saved on desktop has been fully updated to iCloud Drive. It didn;t want to update the version on iPad at all. The only solution was to re-import the file again.

Sync / upload / fetch would be very helpful.

• Staff
24 minutes ago, pawelgrzybek said:

The only solution was to re-import the file again.

Yes you'd have to reopen the file, by reopen i mean Close it on the Homescreen of Affinity and then import/open from Cloud to see the new changes, it won't just update the one you have open in or on the Homescreen of Affinity.  

Again, this whole area should improve overtime, we've only had the Files app since IOS 11 and new features are being added to it and our support for it will improve over the coming updates.