Sign in to follow this  
thomaso

GUI issue :: effects pane, open many (v.17832)

v.18306 : Effects panel GUI appears still buggy. Two screenshots:

(p.s.: rough suggestion for 'Release Candidate 1' : disable the ability to open more than 1 effect parameter details (GUI 'triangle').

post-271-0-88773900-1410994210_thumb.jpg

post-271-0-76406400-1410994218_thumb.jpg

macOS 10.14.6, Macbook Pro Retina 15" + Eizo 24", Affinity in Separated Mode (documents merged)

Hi Andrew,

> Does this only happen when you try expanding one of the groups?

This occurence seems to be related to the size of this panel window only: as soon the window is too small for its content (the scroll bar pops up successfully) then it appears to "swollow" some content after the next open/close action of any parameter (triangle).

– I am not shure if I understood your question as meant, pls feel free to ask again

[ see also https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/498-gui-issue-effects-pane-open-many/  ]

> Are you on Mountain Lion OSX 10.8?

No, still OSX 10.7.5.

– Ah, where is a useful place to write system information into a forum user profile? – Is it @ "Profile Feed" / "what's on your mind?" ?

macOS 10.14.6, Macbook Pro Retina 15" + Eizo 24", Affinity in Separated Mode (documents merged)

Hi Thomaso,

Thanks for your reply. :)

I guess what I am asking is can you give the steps to reproduce the bugs. I'm assuming the effects panel is floating and so not attach to the studio. You then resize the panel, then expand a group and collapse a group?

Ah, where is a useful place to write system information into a forum user profile? – Is it @ "Profile Feed" / "what's on your mind?" ?

We've not really thought about this.  :(  If you just let us know in this topic it will be fine for now.

Can you let us know your system specifications as well such as cpu and gpu?

Thanks

Andrew,

> I'm assuming the effects panel is floating ...

Yes. – I use two monitors. One for panes/palette windows only.

I assume many designers do so, especially because Apple by default since many years supports two graphic outputs on its hardware (if larger than tablet/pad, phone)

> ... and so not attach to the studio.

I am unshure about your use of the term "studio". – To reproduce this occurence you do NOT activate "Seperated Mode" but DO arrange Affinities panes/palette windows customized on the (two?) screen area(s).

See the scribble below to get my hardware/screen situation. Feel free to ask again.

|––––––––––––|

|  2nd screen  |   <–  24'', eizo  //  contains Affinities document window and some of its default panes (NOT "Separated Mode")

|––––––––––––|

|–––––––––|

| osx main |    <– 15'', macbook pro & start screen   //   contains osx menu & dock bar and cusomized Affinities pane postions, "Effects" included

|–––––––––|

/ macbookpro \

––––––––––––––

Below screenshots of both monitors: Aha, even with no document content: the Effects pane gets confused. To reproduce it: simply click (open/close) various/many parameters of "Effects" pane windows.

post-271-0-80282200-1411160158_thumb.jpg

post-271-0-04044600-1411160145_thumb.jpg

OS X 10.7.5  –  macbook pro 8.2  –  Intel Core i7  –  AMD Radeon HD 6750M  – ...
> "cpu and gpu" – hm, indeed relevant for n applications option window text appearence behavior?