You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can not start beta

Which retail version do you have installed? And where did you install it from?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

44 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Which retail version do you have installed? And where did you install it from?

I am not sure but I believe that I got an automatic update notice from the App Store and that it got installed along with some other apps at the same time.

Thanks. I've seen at least one other post about a user of 1.6.7 not being able to install the current beta, so you're both probably having the same problem.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I had initially assumed this was true for all current Beta users, but apparently not. So what is the problem that is keeping me from opening the latest Beta? It only started yesterday. Before that the Beta was working properly on my machine.

2 hours ago, owenr said:

You have the retail 1.6.7 installed, so why do you want to run the older 1.6.7 beta?

Anyway, the betas are possibly coded to not run when a newer version is installed.

The Windows betas merely require either an installed retail version or a product key. My understanding is that since the Mac retail apps are verified via an encrypted receipt within the app (instead of a separate product key) the beta versions look for an older retail version in the expected location on the system.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 hours ago, owenr said:

You have the retail 1.6.7 installed, so why do you want to run the older 1.6.7 beta?

If you look at my original post you will see that I was not complaint, but only asking if a new Beta would be available soon. 

The Betas are designed to not work unless they are newer than the released version. This is not, so it does not work. Hence the question as to when a new Beta would be released.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.