Raymond Larabie

Script font overlap transparency issue

When setting a joining script font or other fonts with overlaps in Designer, each glyph overlaps as if it were a separate layer. The text should appear as a unified layer.

overlap.jpg

I reported this same issue against another software. One of the beta team mentioned to group the text, then apply the transparency, worked there and works with AD as well.

A transparency group created automatically as per Adobe software and QXP would be a better solution. But until such time...

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Hi Ray (nice to see you here).

Enter your text. Use no transparency and if there is, set it back to normal & 100% opacity.

Group the text (ctrl + g).

Now set the transparency to multiply and lower the opacity.

In the screen shot below, the only difference in the live text is that the bottom instance was grouped and the top one wasn't. Both have the multiply blend mode set & 75% opacity.

capture-001752.png.92a397a27c8ec32b8ae9a0086a1207b3.png

capture-001753.png.1d42b1939de9cc40d2dbc50d53b866cd.png

My computer is a nothing-special Toshiba laptop with unremarkable specs running Windows 10 64-bit.

Excellent, Ray.

The person who mentioned in the beta forum I am involved in said he merely happened across that "fix" for the other application. This needs fixed, but I am happy enough with this work-around for now.

Mike

@MikeW

Setting a very small stroke on the text (0.1px) seems to cure the problem also

Setting the stroke to the same colour and using an inside stroke should not change the text in any way

You may want to see if that "fix" also works on the other beta software you are involved with

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

HI Carl--thanks for that. It does work in AD but not in the other application.

Again, thanks. Mike