You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.4.104

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key (issued if Affinity Designer was purchased from the Affinity Store).

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed crash in UI with HUION or Gaomon tablets

Note: Surface Pro users will now need to opt-in to the new option which will prevent the user interface from being unresponsive. You can find the option in Preferences | User Interface | Enable Pointer Support. Unfortunately when we enabled this option by default, HUION and Gaomon drivers caused crashes within Microsoft's WPF / .NET Framework.

Thanks for the latest Beta ....I know it's not particularly relevant to my personal hardware set up [Tablet Drivers+ MS surface]..but thought I would test anyway as you have given up your weekend again for this awesome project... 

Looking good so far...checked

Large files [vector + raster]

Multiple documents (tabbed)

Large brush libraries

300 x 600 mm 300dpi raster painting (on going) with multiple layers

even left it sat with many 4+ large docs open to see if it hung up over time.....

All Good so far..brilliant!

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

10 hours ago, Stuart_R said:

my personal hardware set up [Tablet Drivers+ MS surface]

Hi @Stuart_R, can you try the new option in Preferences | User Interface | Enable Pointer Support. This fixes the UI stopping responding on Surface Pro devices (assuming you have .NET 4.7.1 installed).

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

Hi @Stuart_R, can you try the new option in Preferences | User Interface | Enable Pointer Support. This fixes the UI stopping responding on Surface Pro devices (assuming you have .NET 4.7.1 installed).

Yep No problem...

4.7 installed (just checked) only HTTP activation off in features ...ie aS windows set it.

Will run AD today with Pointer Support enabled...will let you know if any issues:)

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2371
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Hi Mark,

Enable Pointer Support active 

Using same file as yesterday (mostly raster layers+1 vector)

OK ...1 hour later first crash [same issue previously reported where UI/interface locks up]

1. Use AD beta version

2. Paint in layers with numerous brushes

3. In 'time'....Lost ability to use shortcut (resize brushes); tool icon became horizontal double arrow; pixel brush reverted to arrow with no circle outline.

4. Tried to quit to restart...couldn't basically...interface/UI locked up had to use task manager again.

Is this what you were expecting?

This has happened a few times with last few betas...[reported back in AD 1.6.3.100 beta release]but yesterday working with AD (as installed [inactive checkbox]) for over 10 yours..no issue at all

Non Critical 

There are a couple of things I noticed..not relevant to this process 

a. Beta version installed with English USA not UK even though was set to UK (I think this was occurring in the Windows Store version)

b. Annoyance....If you select split screen (used large vector file)...and select the tab to drag to adjust display ratio; any object underneath is also selected (so slider is not fully independent/floating over image) Also if zoomed in and full screen visible display the split screen position can shift to right hand side of image/file...

Restarting...

Hello, I downloaded this beta (1.6.4.104), but I also noticed that my (no beta) designer shows me that there is a new version available, with the same version number than the beta... Is this correct ? Maybe I'm missing something related to the versioning and relationship between beta and non-beta versions.

Regards.

• 1 month later...