You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.4.104

28 minutes ago, dominik said:

I can't comment about the settings of your computer.

@Andreas90,

there is one more thing you can try: launch APh by holding the CTRL key and double click it's icon. You then are presented with a dialog box that let's you choose to reset different settings. Select all of them. This is some kind of a clean reboot of APh and perhaps this solves something?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

you can keep using the beta version if you wish

Won't the last beta build expire after a month, just like the earlier beta builds? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

8 minutes ago, Alfred said:

Won't the last beta build expire after a month, just like the earlier beta builds? :/

No, the beta expiry has been removed for customer betas (public betas will expire after a month, but we aren't running any public betas right now). The thought being, if you're a customer, you can do what you like. My plan is that if you're interested in having the "bleeding edge" builds, but willing to risk a bit of unstability, you can just live in the beta builds. Anyone else can just use the normal retail builds.

2 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

No, the beta expiry has been removed for customer betas (public betas will expire after a month, but we aren't running any public betas right now). The thought being, if you're a customer, you can do what you like. My plan is that if you're interested in having the "bleeding edge" builds, but willing to risk a bit of unstability, you can just live in the beta builds. Anyone else can just use the normal retail builds.

Thanks, Mark. That makes a lot of sense!

Alfred spacer.png

Yes, it's a little bit different to how we've done it before, but I think it makes a lot of sense. Previously, once a beta had "ended", it was difficult to know when a new one had started. So now, any beta user can just continuously use the beta, without having to worry about switching over to the retail one at some point, and then watching out for when a new customer beta starts, and switching back to that. 

The key bit of information which people might need to know is that the latest beta version and retail versions are exactly the same. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, JesusSheep said:

Are there No more Betas ?

Currently there is no Beta but there will be a new one once they are ready for it. There is no given time of the next Beta release that I am aware of.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

5 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

1.6.4.104 is the latest beta (the same as the latest release).

Oh my. I should have written 'currently there is no new Beta'.

After all, I assume many of us are looking forward to the next Beta :)

d.

48 minutes ago, dominik said:

+1

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

On 4.4.2018 at 5:15 PM, dominik said:

I´m looking forward too and i´m very curious about it.
Currently i´m using 1.6.4.104 and it works very well :)

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bfrankdesigns said:

How can I get out of beta?

As per the amended topic title, 1.6.4.104 is now the release version (so there’s no later beta to “get out of”).

Alfred spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...