You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.4.104

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, (issued if Affinity Photo was purchased from Affinity Store).

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed crash in UI with HUION or Gaomon tablets

Note: Surface Pro users will now need to opt-in to the new option which will prevent the user interface from being unresponsive. You can find the option in Preferences | User Interface | Enable Pointer Support. Unfortunately when we enabled this option by default, HUION and Gaomon drivers caused crashes within Microsoft's WPF / .NET Framework.

24 minutes ago, JLGF1 said:

Oddly, this beta, unlike previous ones, will not accept my valid license key?  Checked it more than once...not sure what I could be doing wrong.

If you've already got the product installed you shouldn't need to enter your key. Are you putting a Designer key into Photo or vice versa?

Hello Mark,
thanks for the new beta, the first impression is good, no crashes:)
great job (also applies to Affinity Disinger)

Best Regards
Gnobel

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

So, if the only change you did to the new release was a fix for an unknown Graphic Tablet - is there any need to update to the new beta for people not owning this device?

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Beta 104 installed without problems, and IMHO loads quicker than 103 and prior. (Might be my imagination, but to me it is quicker)

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

I did not want to open a new thread because I do not know exactly if I make a mistake. I work a lot with RAW, format rw2, FZ1000 Panasonic. If I set RAW output format to 16bit, Affinity works stably. If I set the output format to 32bit, many of the filters crash during development (especially clarity and "shadows and lights") or I get error messages and the program ends(all betas and the last stable...). maybe it's the format of the fz1000 raw files.
best regards and thanks for a tip.

1 hour ago, DarkClown said:

So, if the only change you did to the new release was a fix for an unknown Graphic Tablet - is there any need to update to the new beta for people not owning this device?

No, no need. There was only 1 change, and that's to fix the crash with those devices. Though in terms of beta testing, it would be useful to update, just to prove nothing else has broken...

We publicly released 1.6.3.103 on Thursday last week, but we got lots of notifications about crashes with these devices, so I switched off auto-update, created this fix, then started a brand new beta for 1.6.4. The plan is to release this as another public patch on Monday. 

39 minutes ago, adi said:

Thank you for implementing the change to Pointer Support, I no longer get the crash with my Huion tablets.

Obviously if this change upsets Surface Pro users I'm sure most of us wouldn't mind if we had to disable the feature rather than Surface Pro users having enable it.

I would have preferred that solution too, but unfortunately I can't enable it by default, because it instantly crashes the application for HUION / Gaomon tablet owners when they click in the user interface (whereas the bug for Surface Pro users just stops the UI from working after a period of time). It's a shame, and I hope that HUION / Gaomon and / or Microsoft can work together to sort the problem out.

Did seem to load faster at first.  I noticed remarkable bloat in RAM.  Worked with a client file (can't share, sorry) and did some brush painting with one of the style settings as a test.,  This is something that has been kinda laggy in Affinity for some reason.  In 1.6.2 the RAM footprint is 486MB during the session.  In this beta version it is 1.3GB.  Same file, layers, brush styles, etc.   No clue what happened in this version but thought I'd alert you.  That's a rather significant jump in resources.  Also, the styles don't paint properly.   They have a different appearance specifically in the 3D and Bevel settings than in 1.6.2. 

Again, I'm sorry I can't share the file due to client NDA.

Affinity Photo & Designer

Windows 10 64 bit. nVidia1080ti, 64GB RAM, i7 4.XK proc, Wacom Intuos Medium Tablet.

Well 1.6.4.104 is the new released version. IMHO a worthy release!

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

I started yesterday after I did not switch on my laptop for a few days. I am on leave. The beta flagged me that their is an update, and there were also an update for 1.6.2. They had the same number, so I only updated the full retail version. It worked flawlessly on what I was doing. I am very happy.

The beta app (1.6.3.103) is not opening pdf images perfectly. The words are sometimes over the images. I just want to play with this some more.

I don't go back to Paintshop Pro anymore. I learned AP in three months and this was the best move ever.

I am so happy with this software.

7 hours ago, Andreas90 said:

Good morning together,

i have the affinity Beta Version (1.6.4.104). I could open the programme, but if i open a picture it crashes (see screenshot). 

I work with Windows 10

Thanks for helping.

Error Affinity.PNG

Hello @Andreas90,

wellcome to the forum.

Can you please give some more information about the picture you are trying to open. What kind of file format is it (jpg, tif, png, etc.)?

Did you try with a differnt picture and does this crash, too?

Did you try to open that picture with a different program and does this work for you?

You can, if that is an option for you, upload the file as an attachement, so that others can try, too (Note: it may be not possible to append pictures to a post if you are a new forum member. Then you could upload it to a sharing host and post a link, e.g. Dropbox).

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

@dominik Thank you for the fast answer.

The picture is in .jpg. I had tried it with other pictures (with a sample from affinity too). Everytime, when i try to open a picture it crashes. It doesn't matter which picture it is.

I think the programm have a problem or some settings of my computer are wrong.

7 hours ago, Andreas90 said:

i have the affinity Beta Version (1.6.4.104).

The current retail version is 1.6.4.104, so you don't need the last beta version now.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 minutes ago, Andreas90 said:

The picture is in .jpg. I had tried it with other pictures (with a sample from affinity too). Everytime, when i try to open a picture it crashes. It doesn't matter which picture it is.

I think the programm have a problem or some settings of my computer are wrong.

Of course @Alfred is correct that 1.6.4.104 was just recently released the current retail version. So you could try with that.

Which way do you open the files. E.g. by using the menu command 'File > Open' or by dragging an image with the mouse into APh's window?

Do you use a touch display or a graphic tablet?

I can't comment about the settings of your computer. If you have the habit of letting run your computer for a long time without rebooting I'd recommend to reboot once to make shure that everything is set to 'normal' and that perhaps all Windows updates are installed.

Though, this is poking in the dark...

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil