You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Black cross-hatching lines on flattened composite

Please tell me what has happened to this composite photo.  After flattening and saving, when I enlarged to look at detail I found lots of black cross-hatching lines.

These are still evident on the exported downsized image that I had done for our club monthly comp....

An Enchanted Walk.jpg

Hi, and thanks for responding.

These artefacts did not appear upon exporting and my standardised way of working is to save the final flattened image full size (as set in New document parameters, although on this occasion I decided to use a transparent background for a change).  The meshing appears in this but so small I did not at first see it n my monitor - it became plain when I downsized my duplicate to 1600px long side and went in close to see what effects Unshap Mask sharpening might have.  I went back to the full size mage and looked closely to see the effect.  The various angles make me think it was due to the layers interacting with each other.  I had changed my method of compositing, after a pal said he preferred to erase around objects instead of my more traditional way of selecting/refine/output to selection with or without a mask. 

I have done it again - see attached.  This time I ensured every one of the several parts to be imported were resized to 400 and RGB16.  This gave me a uniform basis and of course sized approximately to match composite image needs. I used my earlier method of straightforward selection/refine/output to selection.

There are no meshing artefacts and issue is for me left in the hands of the AP technicians to see if they need to tweak the programme?

Once again, thanks for asking and happy Springtime!

An Enchanted Walk.jpg