Traveler

Clone tool erroneously selecting with lasso keyboard shortcut on Affinity Photo Mac

I'm having some strange behavior with my keyboard shortcuts for the lasso (freehand selection) and clone brush tools. The clone tool properly selects with the key "S" and the lasso properly selects with the first press of the key, "L." However, if I press the "L" key again for the second time it selects the clone tool instead. I press "L" a third time and it selects the lasso tool again. Strange.

I did check my keyboard shortcut designations in preferences and they're set properly—L for lasso and S for clone brush.

I just noticed that some other keyboard shortcuts behave in a similar way, such as the Move tool. It seems that pressing "V" for the first time selects Move tool. Pressing V again selects last tool used. Perhaps it was designed this way for quickly switching between current and last used tool?? However, not all tool shortcuts behave this way. For example, pressing B toggles between Paint Brush tool, Pixel tool, Color Replacement Brush tool, and then, strangely, Smudge Brush tool. Then back to Paint Brush tool.

I see. Thanks for the info. I only started to guess it might be intentional as I was writing my post. Optional would be nice, though, as it's hardly more work to hit a neighboring key rather than the same key twice. Maybe I just need to get used to it. :)