Sign in to follow this  
avo

The date with a girl from Andromeda galaxy

During the long winter nights i often look in the starry sky at the Andromeda galaxy, which can be seen through binoculars. It is so small from our Earth, but actually its a huge galaxy, and i'm wondering - maybe some kind of girl, who lives there, looks right now back at me questioning herself - is there somebody else in this huge space?..

So this is how i see this girl. Damn, i was trying to figure out someone more romantic, but my humorous mind just played a trick on me. Goodbye, Andromeda girl, from now i'm not sure if i want to believe in your existence. :-) 

Based on all those sci-fi fairy tales i've read in my younger years.

Just a bit about the process - i suddenly realise what i want to draw, then i make few sketches on paper or digitally, or both (here Wacom Intuos Pro 2 paper edition was heavily used with its ability to convert paper drawings into digital sketches), then i make final sketch and trace it in Affinity Designer with vector brush. Colors are added after that... So like this. 

Andromeda-girl-by-Gregory-Avoyan-small.jpg

Follow me on Dribbble

https://dribbble.com/g-avoyan