You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unresponsive blank page when exporting

Hi,  

I’m not sure whether this has been reported. Whenever I try to export a picture to the cloud after already exporting one picture, when I choose another picture to export, a blank page comes up instead and the app is just unresponsive (there is nowhere to click to go back). I would have to exit and close the app and reopen the picture to export again.

Meaning, if I need to export 10 pictures to my google drive, I would have to close and exit the app 5 times just to export 10 pictures. Is there any solution for this problem?

i am using the 2017 12.9inch iPad Pro.

Thanks.

That sounds very annoying! I have had the occasional 'white' screen when saving but not so much with the new updated version. Usually closing the app (and any other apps that are open) then reopening AP, the Save works correctly thereafter. 

I have just tried exporting a PNG and a JPG to Dropbox and it worked fine for me. I don't have a Google cloud account to try however one of the mods would be able to test that for you.

How large is the file you are Exporting?

What format are you choosing for Export?

Does this issue occur for 'other' Export formats?

Does it happen when you Export locally or to another cloud drive (other than Google)?

Are you using the latest version of AP (1.6.7.76)?  It contains a number of bug fixes.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• Staff

I've done some testing in the latest version (1.6.7.76) exporting to various file formats to Google Drive without any issues. Can you confirm some of the questions @DM1 has asked to hopefully help narrow down the cause.

Hi all,

thanks for much for your inputs. Yes, I am using the latest version AP 1.6.7.76

I am exporting the file in jpeg, best quality. The file size ranges from 4MB to about 12MB. 

I have tried exporting in png, tiff both onto my other cloud service (one drive) as well as locally on my ipad as suggested but I still get the white screen issue. Currently running iOS 11.3 on my ipad.

I have also tried closing all the open apps leaving just affinity photo open when i try to export the photos out, but it doesn’t work for me.

By the way, I am editing on Sony’s RAW file format. Not sure if this makes a difference. Sometimes I do get the occassional window pop up saying couldn’t communicate with a helper application when I try exporting consecutive photos onto Google drive (see attached screenshot), but most of the time the moment I click okay on the export interface, I get a complete white screen 

C9DC3364-1AFE-4AD2-85CB-5858A0FA975A.png

I suspect the issue has more to do with ios11.3 beta than with Affinity Photo. :/

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/