AsFrog

Do not work Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer (v 1.6.3.103)

Affinity Photo and Desinger v 1.6.3.103 crash when they try to create a new document. If you open a new existing project, it opens, but when you try to edit it, ithe program just crashes. I have 4 months can not work properly in your programs. That in the AF designer did not display the fonts, then in the AF photos, the brushes were sharp or the stroke was angular or extremely slow. And now nothing starts at all. And how to work with such programs, how long have you been able to fix them? I have to use other software.

I do not have any sense in installing older versions. Although they were launched, they worked extremely badly and it's impossible to work normally in them. In short I will have to buy a subscription to photoshop again.

I haven't tried that much, but so far, I have no problems wisth the new version. It's a shame it's happening to you (and many more, I guess). Let's hope the Dev Team can fix this issues soon.

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

28 minutes ago, AsFrog said:

I do not have any sense in installing older versions. Although they were launched, they worked extremely badly and it's impossible to work normally in them. In short I will have to buy a subscription to photoshop again.

Do you have any screenshots or videos of the problems you're experiencing? It's hard to diagnose a problem without a way to reproduce it.

If you go to Preferences | Performance, can you change your Renderer and see if that makes a difference?

12 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Do you have any screenshots or videos of the problems you're experiencing? It's hard to diagnose a problem without a way to reproduce it.

If you go to Preferences | Performance, can you change your Renderer and see if that makes a difference?

I can record videos where these problems appear. But there will be no sense from this big one. As I wrote above. In the previous version of the designer, when working with a large project, if you try to add new labels, they simply were not displayed. At that color they had a size too normal and no effects on the layer with the text. If you copy properties from another layer with text that was normally displayed, then the inscription became visible. While this manipulation did not hold the inscription was not displayed. Even more programs work more slowly with the project, but I decided this by reducing the history to 64 steps, this partially solved the problem, but the performance still remained. And with brushes in general a pun. If you draw on a canvas the size of which is larger than the resolution of the monitor, and if the scale of the image is less than 100%, the bar was drawn with lesiki, if you increase the brush size, then its interleaving was carried out in the slide show, and I disabled the preview of the brush, but this did not help. Regardless of whether the brush is stabilized or not, if the stroke is drawn a little quickly, then the line drawn looks distinctly broken and angular.

I have posted this exact problem on another thread here Crashes Problem

While reading and scrolling this forum on  this topic, someone just asking if Huion software is being installed too.
I am using one, a medium pen tablet Inspiroy H640P. Could be this cause the problem?

It seems that the graphics tablet is to blame for the crash of the program. I have a tablet Huion Q11k. Since when the program crashes the system gives out the sound of the device and then connects the device. Now, I completely disabled my tablet and the program started working. Does anyone have a solution to the problem?

22 minutes ago, AsFrog said:

It seems that the graphics tablet is to blame for the crash of the program. I have a tablet Huion Q11k. Since when the program crashes the system gives out the sound of the device and then connects the device. Now, I completely disabled my tablet and the program started working. Does anyone have a solution to the problem?

Some other HUION / Gaomon owners have reported the same problem, and have solutions - 

The drivers are causing a crash in Microsoft's WPF / .NET Framework. 

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

Some other HUION / Gaomon owners have reported the same problem, and have solutions - 

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.3.101

Hi Mark

I am also experiencing this issue.  Just to confirm, although disabling 'HID-Compliant Pen' in Device Manager stops Affinity applications from closing, are you saying that the root cause of the issue is due to a problem with Huion's graphic tablet driver and is something that Huion need to fix?

6 minutes ago, Sima said:

Hi Mark

I am also experiencing this issue.  Just to confirm, although disabling 'HID-Compliant Pen' in Device Manager stops Affinity applications from closing, are you saying that the root cause of the issue is due to a problem with Huion's graphic tablet driver and is something that Huion need to fix?

Yes, I believe so, or, Microsoft could issue a fix in their WPF / .NET Framework.

Guys, I just want to add my case to the basket... After the update Photo just crashes when I click anything within its window. And yes, I do have Huion tablet but I had no problems whatsoever with the previous version. I will just downgrade, but I really hope there is something you can do about it. Would be shitty if I had to waste the tablet...

1 hour ago, BloodDrop said:

Guys, I just want to add my case to the basket... After the update Photo just crashes when I click anything within its window. And yes, I do have Huion tablet but I had no problems whatsoever with the previous version. I will just downgrade, but I really hope there is something you can do about it. Would be shitty if I had to waste the tablet...

Hi, I'm doing a new build over the weekend which will prevent the crash (the driver is incompatible with the modern pointer API, which is required for Surface Pro devices). For the time being, you can revert to the previous version. Take a look in the beta forums over the weekend if you want to try the new fix out.

On 02.03.2018 at 1:33 AM, Mark Ingram said:

Unfortunately turning off HID devices and reinstalling the driver did not help the photo and the designer still fly out. I'll wait for the update, but for now I rolled back to the previous version. I hope this will soon be cured)

26 minutes ago, AsFrog said:

Unfortunately turning off HID devices and reinstalling the driver did not help the photo and the designer still fly out. I'll wait for the update, but for now I rolled back to the previous version. I hope this will soon be cured)

See my message above, I've released a beta with the only difference that HUION / Gaomon devices shouldn't crash. The beta can be installed alongside the retail version if you'd like to try it out.

12 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

See my message above, I've released a beta with the only difference that HUION / Gaomon devices shouldn't crash. The beta can be installed alongside the retail version if you'd like to try it out.

Yes, I also read it, forgot to write about it) I also installed the beta version, the applications started and work, but they still did not work.

1 minute ago, AsFrog said:

Yes, I also read it, forgot to write about it) I also installed the beta version, the applications started and work, but they still did not work.

They still crash when you click the menu? Did the splash screen say version 1.6.4.104?

4 hours ago, AsFrog said:

The problem with version 1.6.3.103 comes from my Huion New1060 tablet.

If I remove it it works.
I installed the beta version 1.6.4.104 Beta and it works for the moment.
When is final version 1.6.4.104?

Just here to report that these latest Betas definitely resolve for me the problem of immediate crashes in both Designer and Photo 1.6.3.103 when a Huion Tablet is connected, in my case the H610 Pro.

I had not previously seen this because I do not have my pen tablet permanently connected to my computer - due to desk space - but rather connect it as and when I need to use it.

I suppose the inevitable question is: will we see this change made to the Betas transferred to the Release versions asap?  I know the option to revert to the previous release version is available but...!! :):)

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

8 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

@Letrona / @emmrecs01, I'll leave the patch as a beta over the weekend, and my plan is to officially release it on Monday. 

Unfortunately it seems to be a conflict between HUION / Gaomon drivers, and a new option (Enable Pointer Support) in Microsoft's WPF / .NET Framework. 

Excellent news on the planned release.  Thanks Mark.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.