You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there any way that  Select by luminosity of Layer can be recorded in a macro. E.g. Ctrl, Shift an left clicking the layer gives you a selection based on luminosity  (the brightest pixels) However if you try to record this as a part of a macro you get a warning that states layer selections cannot be recorded as macro.

Basically, we should be able to record every action we do in a macro as in Photoshop.

Come on Serif this is a basic requirement.

Cheers in anticipation

Layer Visibility on/off should work fine as long as you select the layer in the layers panel first

Not sure what exactly you mean by Select from Layer

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Carl123 if you press and hold down shift and ctrl then whilst still holding those keys down, left click a layer. This should make a selection based on luminosity. However if you try to record that step as part of a macro then AP does not allow you to do that.You get a warning stating that layer selections cannot be recored in macro. 

Hope that makes sense, thanks for any help you can offer.

Sorry if i confused you, i have updated my original post to make it more clear.

Make sure your layer is selected in the Layers Panel

Then record in a macro

Select > Selection from Layer

Open the "Cog" menu in the macro panel and select Use Luminosity

When replayed the macro will now make a selection based on luminosity.

(I think there may be a one step operation to select the luminosity in a macro but I cant think of it for now but the above will work)

luminosity.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thank you Carl that has helped a lot, but it would be better if a. AP let us record macros just using shortcuts and b. the actual effect is displayed as you are recording macros. 

Your workaround is much appreciated but without the one click facility, it is not really a conducive work flow. Oh well still early days for AP but a great app non the less. I will see if i can crack on with this macro and let you know how i get on.

On a side note, another thing AP macro recorder does not like is changing names on spare channels. EG if i create a selection and save it to a spare channel : spare channel Select/Save selection/save selection as spare channel then the macro is ok to that point. if i then try to change the name of that new spare channel i get the message macro cannot record etc.

Cheers again.