You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brushes panel and ability sorting categories

Hi Affinity By Serif,

I'm using Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer.

I noticed that once I have imported new brushes, I cannot re-order brush categories or sort the brush categories by name. The most recent imported brushes are at the bottom of the scroll down menu in the brushes panel.

Would it be possible to add such an ordering or sorting feature so that users can actually order the brush categories according to their own preferences?

< I could not find such a feature/ functionality in Photo or Designer. >

Would be nice.

With kind regards, Bastiaan

• 1 year later...

Hello Affinity Team,

I searched for that topic and found besides that current thread some older ones with the same question.

Is it meanwhile possible to sort the Categories either by hand or alphabetically?

If not, could you please add sth like this in one of your next updates?

Besides of that you did a great job, thanks for your effort

• Staff

Hi Helix,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Unfortunately it's not possible to rearrange categories either by hand or alphabetically. I've moved this post from the old feedback & suggestions section to the new  Feedback for the Affinity Suite of Products section as it refers to more than one product.

Merry Christmas @MEB!   I would suspect that there must be thousands of us who would be really happy campers if this suggestion could be implemented.   

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

• 2 months later...

Hi @MEB

That would be a really nice feature to rearrange by hand on the iPad versions and in some other intuitive way on the desktop versions.

I have some more suggestions for iPad/ desktop versions. Should collect them and send them over to Affinity.

Kind regards, Bastiaan

• 2 weeks later...