Drdaveherrick

IPad version crash

Hi Drdaveherrick

I've managed to develop a number of RAW images from the Nikon D90 without the app crashing. Firstly are you on the latest update and if so can you provide one of the files that is crashing for you at all?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

@Drdaveherrick hi, I downloaded your file it and it opened and Developed  fine (can post screenshot if needed). Have you tried hard resetting your iPad? Sometimes this helps release ram for other apps.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.150 Affinity Design 1.7.2.4 Publisher for iPad ?

@DrdaveherrickThe 70GB refers to the main storage capacity. :)  The new iPad pros have 4GB of 'working' ram. Early models had only 2GB 'working' ram. Sometimes apps that have been opened are 'reluctant' to release this ram, leaving less for other apps to use.  A hard reset is required to release this ram (not just a power off/on cycle.

Also, with apps like AP, I have found that having other apps still open at the same time can be problematic, especially with large files, as this working ram is being shared by those other apps. So, try closing all other apps.

A 'hard' reset, hold power and home buttons together for around 10 seconds (should see an Apple icon appear on the screen) releases all working ram. A normal power off and on does not release the working ram.

If that does not help:

What, if any, adjustments are you applying in the raw setting before developing the photo?

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.150 Affinity Design 1.7.2.4 Publisher for iPad ?

I whisked away all apps and then did the hard reset as you suggested.  I tried to develop the image with out making any changes to the default settings.  It still crashed immediately.

Does it do this with all raw files or just this one? As I stated, it opened for me (cute fox by the way :)). 

Just downloaded and tried again. Made lots of adjustments and hit 'develop'. Worked fine.

I have version 1.6.7.76. You can see version in Setting screen (bottom right).

A rather drastic step may be to delete the app and reinstall it. If you do that be sure to save any project files you want to keep as they wil go when you delete the app.

Edit. Something else to try.