You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboard export size bug

• Staff

Hi rubs,

That's because you have an Outer Shadow applied to the artboard probably because it was originally a rectangle with an FX.

Do the following:

- select the artboard layer

- go to menu Layer ▸ Convert Artboard to Object

- remove the Outer Shadow FX for the now converted rectangle layer

- go to menu Layer ▸ Convert Object to Artboard

The dimensions should now be correct.

Thanks! This solved it. An easier solution would be just to open the Layer Effects dialog and remove the effect.

Anyway there is some inconsistency here. The Effects icon is not appearing for artboards. In fact since artboards seem to ignore all effects anyway, the additional bounding box should also be ignored. Disabling effects altogether for artboards should be even better, don't you think?

• Staff

Hi rubs,

There's no way to open the Layer Effects immediately since there's no FX icon in the artboard layer to do it after the conversion to an artboard as you noted. The shadow effect area should have been ignored for the (automatically) generated slice. This issue is already logged to be looked at. Thanks for reporting it.

2 hours ago, MEB said:

There's no way to open the Layer Effects immediately since there's no FX icon in the artboard layer to do it after the conversion to an artboard as you noted.

Actually there is. Just click the cog icon next to the effect in the Effects panel.

Thanks!!

I have a slightly different example where the export size is different from the artboard size (example file attached)

1. I have created an artboard 850x500px called 'template'
  2. I have duplicated the artboard and called it 'copy'
  3. Using File - Export and changing export Area to 'copy', the export size changes to 850x501px

Edit: in the screenshot below, I think 'PDF' was also highlighted because the mouse pointer just happened to be resting there when I took the screenshot.

info-box-copy.afdesign

export-artboard-extra-pixel.png

v2.4.1 Designer/Photo/Publisher | Mac mini (M1, 2020) | Sonoma 14.4.1

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2018 at 10:41 AM, rubs said:

At this point it occurs to me that AD could easily warn us if artboard sizes are not integer. This would be a message I'd be glad to see.

It actually shouldn't be possible to create and/or move an artboard to non-integers. At least I can not think of any reason where it would be beneficial.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.