You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

This is bugging me :) examples of how you jump through hoops

Hi Rob Chisholm

What is the issue you wish to highlight here? Your video shows you opening files so I shall presume it has something to do with that, but there is no explanation of what you are expecting or what it is you are actually looking for? The only thing I can guess from this is you are looking for an open in Affinity Photo option from the Photos app? If so this is more of a feature request than a bug so I would need to move this post into the relevant section

thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

• Staff

Hi Rob Chisholm,

As far as i know no, currently there's no share extension for Affinity Photo (so you cannot send an image directly from Apple Photos to Affinity Photo using the Share button on the top right of the interface when you are seeing an image in fullscreen mode in Apple Photos). As Chris_K said this tis more a feature/improvement request, not a bug.

3 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi Rob Chisholm

What is the issue you wish to highlight here? Your video shows you opening files so I shall presume it has something to do with that, but there is no explanation of what you are expecting or what it is you are actually looking for? The only thing I can guess from this is you are looking for an open in Affinity Photo option from the Photos app? If so this is more of a feature request than a bug so I would need to move this post into the relevant section

thanks

Yes do move to correct area of forum please Chris, I would be fine for you to move the contents. I was told on a affinity FB forum that I could do the following, open image in "app photo" and then choose to open the image in say affinity. I can for example do this with MediBang Paint app currently on iPad. Or from another point of view using the whole screen to view the images first is a far faster smoother way to pic the image. As looking at thumb nail images is not so good, say you shoot 54 shoots of same image but choose one. In a preview in AP your not be able to pic out this image. Have you any suggestions here please ?

7 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Rob Chisholm,

As far as i know no, currently there's no share extension for Affinity Photo (so you can send an image from Apple Photos directly to Affinity Photo).

Hi MEB, 

Thank you for the reply, you say no there's no share extension, can we have one please?

You mention "(so you can send an image from Apple Photos" are you referring to the app in IOS called "photo" ?

Regards Rob 

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

I'm referring to Apple Photos - the default app than comes with iOS which you have used in your video if i remember correctly.

Many thanks MEB,

Can you correct me if incorrect you MEB say "(so you can send an image from Apple Photos directly to Affinity Photo)." 

"currently there's no share extension for Affinity Photo"

So confused 

Regards Rob

• Staff

Hi Rob Chisholm,

I've edited my previous post to make it more clear. Here's what i'm referring to:

IMG_0035.jpg.c6459190ad7117f47c1483f36f7b6d6d.jpg

Currently we don't have a share extension to send the image from Apple Photos directly to Affinity Photo. I believe this is what you want to do.

I'm moving this thread to the Feature Requests section.

Many thanks MEB,

Yes that is 100 % clear, " share extension to send the image from Apple Photos directly to Affinity Photo" this is what I would like please.

I will make another video to show why I like this feature, which should explain why.

Regards Rob

Ps MEB, thank for your rapid response in answering my questions.