You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What happens the other way around, if you first set up a color, then start recording and applying a fill with that one then?

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Trying it now...

Seemed to work first time through for 1 layer. But I'm playing with some color grading where I use two opposing layers that are different colors. When I record adding the second layer it dies on the change color with the same error about not being able to "set fill".

Does it have to remain a Fill layer?

If you add the Fill Layer

Then Layer > Rasterise the layer

You can then use Edit > Fill to add a colour to it

(or just add a normal pixel layer to start with and use Edit > Fill on that)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Yep, adding a pixel layer then filling it then changing the color does record in a macro. But I kinda wanted an actual fill layer, non-rasterized. But I guess I'll take what I can get. The rasterized layer looks like it will get me where I want to go in a recorded macro.

Thanks for the help.

Wow! Perfect! I'd have never thought to use Move Tool and Deselect Layers. And setting up the colors beforehand was inspired. Many Thanks.

What this macro does is create two complimentary color fill layers: Magenta/Green or Blue/Yellow or Red/Cyan with opacity set to something less than 50%

One of the color pairs is set to color burn which colors the shadows and the other color is set to color dodge to color the highlights. The blend range of each color layer is then tweaked and

fiddled with until I get the color grade I'm after. If you uncheck linear in the blend range and are comfortable with curves the possibilities for color manipulation are staggering.

Thanks again.

• 3 years later...
On 2/27/2018 at 2:32 AM, photophart said:

Wow! Perfect! I'd have never thought to use Move Tool and Deselect Layers. And setting up the colors beforehand was inspired. Many Thanks.

What this macro does is create two complimentary color fill layers: Magenta/Green or Blue/Yellow or Red/Cyan with opacity set to something less than 50%

One of the color pairs is set to color burn which colors the shadows and the other color is set to color dodge to color the highlights. The blend range of each color layer is then tweaked and

fiddled with until I get the color grade I'm after. If you uncheck linear in the blend range and are comfortable with curves the possibilities for color manipulation are staggering.

Thanks again.

Hey photopart,

thank you for the brief instructions – with your workaround it works just fine!

Cheers!

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png