You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 finger tap for undo 3 finger tap for redo ?

• 2 weeks later...

Two-finger tap in Affinity Photo for iPad usefully gives us more options than just Undo (namely Duplicate, Delete, Cut, Copy and Paste) but Redo should also be on the list.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 2/25/2018 at 9:49 PM, kjs said:

In the drawing app for ipad Procreate, they have the gestures two finger tap for undo and three finger tap for redo. This becomes so automated and feels so intuitive and natural ! Could we please somehow get this feature for Affinity Photo for iPad?

It's pretty comical to read this. I use Procreate almost daily and have the same problem when using AP. At the very least, I wish AP would let you user define gestures like two finger touch. Procreate should be lauded as a standard on how to do a minimalist user interface, however AP pack so much into their iPad app while keeping it pretty user friendly, it's ridiculous (in a good way).

• 2 months later...

@phojoegraphy yes and don't forget pixelmator, I'm always impressed by how well pixelmator (on ipad, haven't had the pleasure of using on mac yet) anyways I'm always pleased with how well pixelmator does what it can do. But procreate is just so fun, affinity can do everything, and pixelmator is tried and true.

@alfred undo is what everyone uses THE MOST

I say it should be given the double tap gesture.

Procreate does double tap for undo, triple tap for redo, and I just use these like breathing. You know even when I draw with the classic.. a pencil I find myself doing this :7_sweat_smile:

• 4 weeks later...

+1

I made an account here just to boost this. It's legitimately the only thing stopping me from using affinity as my main drawing app. I love it but artists use the undo function a LOT ... we need a fast way of doing it that doesn't involve pressing a button on the UI.

On desktop applications, there's hotkeys. The ipad doesn't have this capability.

Please add the two finger tap for undo, and three fingers for redo. It's standard for most drawing apps :)

Also, the Affinity team really should start marketing a bit towards artists...! I always skimmed past the app on the store thinking it only had photo-editing features, but when I found out it had a full on brush engine, it was an immediate purchase. There's no other app on the store that is comparable to a heavy duty desktop program like Photoshop, while ALSO having a really great, user-friendly UI.

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely agree, the whole thing where an additional bar appears on double finger tap and you then have to select an additional option to undo is, frankly, stupid.  How would you feel if you went to copy/paste CTRL-C/CTRL-V on a Windows machine and instead of just copying and pasting, after hitting CTRL-C a menu popped up which spanned the screen horizontally.  You  then had to move the mouse and click COPY, then after hitting CTRL-V a menu popped up which spanned the screen horizontally.  You then had to move the mouse and click PASTE.

Getting the idea why interposing additional menus is not nearly as seamless as just double finger tap undo?  To me this is like asking McDonalds why they don't fire cook hamburgers like Burger King, the response is, "..oh they do it that way so we can't."

• 2 weeks later...

Started trying to use Designer, is there any way to streamline how it floods my layers with shapes?  I can group them, but there’s a whole sequence of taps till I am sure that the shapes I am making (lines, etc) are going to go in the group I want... Barely 30 seconds in and I usually have dozens of separate items that I have to drag into a group, which then promptly opens to show all the contents, then I have to tap the group again to close it, drag the newest shapes into it, repeat.  Very tedious.  Can I somehow just say, “put the damn things on the layer I assign and stop bugging me about it?”

4 minutes ago, Moriturimax said:

Started trying to use Designer

This is an ‘Affinity Photo on iPad’ thread. It would be best to repost your question in the correct forum section. (Layer management in the desktop and iPad versions of AD isn’t exactly the same.)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2018 at 6:18 AM, Moriturimax said:

Started trying to use Designer, is there any way to streamline how it floods my layers with shapes?  I can group them, but there’s a whole sequence of taps till I am sure that the shapes I am making (lines, etc) are going to go in the group I want... Barely 30 seconds in and I usually have dozens of separate items that I have to drag into a group, which then promptly opens to show all the contents, then I have to tap the group again to close it, drag the newest shapes into it, repeat.  Very tedious.  Can I somehow just say, “put the damn things on the layer I assign and stop bugging me about it?”

+1

Yeah.  I definitely agree with this one.  It's like that on the desktop software too, and also in some other programs.  I don't know why this isn't set up as optional but that long list of objects that automatically expands downward becomes a management issue with the rest of the layers.

It wouldn't be quite so annoying if it was more consistent in how it placed them in layers, as is, it doesn't seem to respect when I pick THIS layer.  It may or may not start placing them outside that layer if I don't follow some arcane series of actions that it wants me to.  In Adobe Illustrator, when I select a layer, that is the layer it does EVERYTHING in until I change it. Affinity's groups are more troublesome by far.