You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I Never Had To Say "I'm Batman" (AD)

VectorVonDoom

I showed up, people knew I was Batman.

I wasn't going to do another but I have as they seem popular, my weekend project. I picked a really horrible quality image, like someone took a 100x100 and enlarged it. But, for the most part, it turned out just about OK (that's all the time I had and would look better cropped, if I'd thought I'd probably got rid of the hands, something for next weekend). I've include the afdesign file so you can view it, expand it (there's more to the image), improve it, have a laugh or anything else. It's for personal use otherwise I'll take my normal 99.99% cut. You'll see quite a few messy snapping points but they don't show up on the export. You will need to duplicate the batman layer and add a .1px blur to get rid of the micro gaps before you do export.

That is his signature, I just live traced it in AI then added a gradient and some transparency.

The image I've attached just has some Color Efex Pro film grain added.

But if you want to do some low poly and also have AI then use that with live paint instead. You don't then need to create triangles very often just close shapes off so less errors, less cleaning up and generally quicker.

Batman.afdesign

Batman.jpg

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

I liked very much the first version, but I prefer the one without the hands. If fact, what I'd like is to be able to do that.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

I didn't like the gloves on the first one, especially the left hand side. It was a rubbish photo and made the eye areas a real pain too. I should have known better.  Anyway you can download it to see what was going on and I put a mini how-to in the tutorials section, there's not a whole lot to say, so you can try one for yourself. Watch some youtube vids not so much for the technical side but how they construct them. It's not super low poly like some but you can choose how much to simplify it, it depends what look you like.

Marc

ArtByMarc.me