Hi Serif team,

Thanks for the great new update and some fancy new features and bug fixes!

Also thank you for addressing the brush tool dynamics in this update. However it seems to not be working exactly as it should be. Ive attached a vid to show how the dynamics should perform with light to heavy taps of the pen.

The first demonstration is in AP, as you can see the tip size doesn't change with the light and heavy taps of the pen, nor does it reach the full wide of the brush size. This might be ok if the pen sensitivity button wasn't turned on. Being able to turn on and off the sensitivity is great thing for control. Unfortunately none of this is working.

In the second demo (Procreate) you can see how the brush tool response perfectly to light and hard taps of the pen. It changes in flow and size reaching the final brush size at maximum impact.

For quick sketching or painting the artist relies on this when placing the pen back onto the page. Having the pen dump a stamp of the brush that's the same size every time can require going back for cleanup and less control for design.

Please consider this to be a priority for AP in the next update.

Regards

Andy

4 minutes ago, Kasundan said:

Brush pressure didn’t work

anyone help me?

Yes the brush pressure/sensitivity is mentioned in my post. This will be addressed hopefully in the next update. For now you'll need to make do with using the brush size control.

On 25/02/2018 at 11:31 PM, Andych56 said:

Hi Serif team,

Thanks for the great new update and some fancy new features and bug fixes!

Also thank you for addressing the brush tool dynamics in this update. However it seems to not be working exactly as it should be. Ive attached a vid to show how the dynamics should perform with light to heavy taps of the pen.

The first demonstration is in AP, as you can see the tip size doesn't change with the light and heavy taps of the pen, nor does it reach the full wide of the brush size. This might be ok if the pen sensitivity button wasn't turned on. Being able to turn on and off the sensitivity is great thing for control. Unfortunately none of this is working.

In the second demo (Procreate) you can see how the brush tool response perfectly to light and hard taps of the pen. It changes in flow and size reaching the final brush size at maximum impact.

For quick sketching or painting the artist relies on this when placing the pen back onto the page. Having the pen dump a stamp of the brush that's the same size every time can require going back for cleanup and less control for design.

Please consider this to be a priority for AP in the next update.

Regards

Andy

Why do you say, the way it’s supposed to work. I see that procreate uses the hard and soft taps but I never knew that was supposed to be in Affinity? 

I don’t think I’d want to bash the glass with a sharp object, what does it give you that a longer press couldn’t do the same and not damage the iPad?

Affinity Photo 1.7, Designer 1.7, Publisher 1.7 on MACOS Catalina Beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7 on iPad Pro 9.7" iPadOS 13 beta, Affinity Photo 1.7 on Windows 10

https://www.facebook.com/groups/affinityforipad/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

5 hours ago, Paul Mudditt said:

Why do you say, the way it’s supposed to work. I see that procreate uses the hard and soft taps but I never knew that was supposed to be in Affinity? 

I don’t think I’d want to bash the glass with a sharp object, what does it give you that a longer press couldn’t do the same and not damage the iPad?

Hey Paul,

Please understand, my suggestion is to help with success of AP to become the leading painting/photo app, not demand useless enhancements to tools for the sake of nitpicking. In the real world if you were to copy the motion in my demo with a pencil or wet brush on paper, it would react in the same way but even better than it does in Procreate. Wacom's popularity of their products is due to how they've managed to capture the real world motion as close as it can be...for now.

I do agree this is a very harsh demonstration to show the dynamics on the ipad screen. I shot that with my iphone which has amplified the impact of the taps from being so close.

I was attempting to show the dynamics under extreme conditions, where a simple press and hold simply wouldn't show the level of sensitivity and gradual climb from the size small to large and opacity change in the brush.

As you can appreciate if the dynamics cant perform under these conditions then its only working against us in our general use.