You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Curated list of Free for Commercial Use Fonts

Mithferion

3 hours ago, Francesco A. said:

Dear Mithferion… thanks so much for this amazing collection. Also thanks for the recurrent updates, really usefull indeed.

I hope you are doing well in this challenging time. Keep this list alive!

Best Regards

Thanks, Francesco.

Fortunately, I am doing well and working from home is not only good for me but for everyone else around me. Let's hope this situation doesn't last long.

Best wishes!

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, AdamUK said:

hi hk nova is free for personal use only

I see it has changed.

I hope that tomorrow I will be able to do another check on all of the fotns, as well as add new ones. For now, I will remove it.

Best regards!

Well, as promised, I made a new check and made some deletions of Fonts that no longer are Free for Commercial Use... but to compensate for that, new ones will come later. For now, I have this added:

• SANS SERIF - Noto Sans. Similar to Open Sans, with a huge range of styles

Best regards!

• 5 months later...

Hi again!

Well, there is always some good fonts to be recommended, so, a couple of them:

Best regards!

14 hours ago, DEWLine said:

Last I checked Noto Sans' design team was trying to cover just about every writing system currently known to humans, right?

Yes, that's the original purpose of Noto (No Tofu), to avoid what happends when a character is not supported by the Font.

Best regards!

• 2 weeks later...

A little update!

Added Gilroy, a very popular geometric Typeface, which offers two styles for free :

Finally, for ease of use, colorful previews of the fonts. :)

Best regards!

@Mithferion this has been an incredible amount of work on your part, and much appreciated!   I particularly hope that new Affinity users will find your posts here in the Resources forum.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

7 hours ago, jmwellborn said:

@Mithferion this has been an incredible amount of work on your part, and much appreciated!   I particularly hope that new Affinity users will find your posts here in the Resources forum.

Thanks for your kind words. :)

I also hope this is helpful for many fellow forum members.

Best regards!

big-shoulders-sample-slide.thumb.png.5641f92b1498f69cb3c62d7558b6a37a.png

Big Shoulders megafamily

Big Shoulders is a family of condensed American Gothic typefaces, created for the city and citizens of Chicago.
The family’s tall, sans-serif forms honor Chicago’s multiple histories as railway transport hub, public political action center, and the birthplace of House music.

Available as both static Open Type fonts and variable TTF fonts.

Note: Don't download the Google Fonts version since it is not updated and sadly contain lots of bugs (see CE accents for dcaron, tcaron or lcaron for example).

You can easily download the whole package here and later extract specific files from the whole archive instead of downloading file by file from github directory.

With all due respect CLC, but aren't you hijacking Mithferion's thread? He started this as a 'Curated list of Free for Commercial Use Fonts,'  meaning that he's the curator of it. Of course, if you have his consent to post your finds in this list, please accept my apologies. 

1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

With all due respect CLC, but aren't you hijacking Mithferion's thread? He started this as a 'Curated list of Free for Commercial Use Fonts,'  meaning that he's the curator of it. Of course, if you have his consent to post your finds in this list, please accept my apologies. 

I don't think I am. I believe I'm updating the most relevant thread with some relevant fonts, don't you think?

I believe if @Mithferion had objections, he would voice them, either here or via PM.

Thanks for your input though!

@CLC @Hilltop

Even if I started this Topic, I am glad more users are contributing to it. :)

In the next update, I will include Fonts from contributors, once I have had the time to try and review them.

Best regards!

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2021 at 1:11 PM, Carrie L said:

Thank you so much! It must’ve taken you ages to compile.

Well, the Topic is almost 3 years old so more or less that’s the time :P

Best regards!

• 2 months later...

Well, I dind't expect this but... Metropolis has been taken out due to the owners of Gotham saying something about it... as explained here by Chris Simpson himself:

Hey guys,

Scrooge McDuck (Jonathan Hoefler) came and intimidated me with his lawyer. Between that and belligerent PRs (VMware, I’m looking at you), I gave up, if only for now, and made the repo private. Happy for anyone to fork it and do what they want. Maybe if it didn’t have the name Metropolis, Hoefler would be less of an a$$ about it.

Peace,
C.

It's no longer available in Font Squirrel, but I added a new download link.

Best regards!