You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Curated list of Free for Commercial Use Fonts

Mithferion

On 10/14/2018 at 1:09 PM, Tourmaline said:

@MrDoodlezz

I use Suitcase fusion 8.

Hey Tourmaline,

ah yes, I heard of Suitcase. I only got FontExplorer at work and FontBase at home so far.
Suitcase (and FontExplorer as well) though need to be bought after the trial period whereas FontBase is free.

I’m gonna try the Suitcase demo for a few days now. :10_wink:
Do you have any experiences with auto-activation and Affinity products?

Cheers
MrDoodlezz

Edit: Unfortunately I can’t even try the demo – it requires the latest Mac OS which I can’t run on my machine yet. Oh well. :7_sweat_smile:

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

11 hours ago, MrDoodlezz said:

Hey Tourmaline,

ah yes, I heard of Suitcase. I only got FontExplorer at work and FontBase at home so far.
Suitcase (and FontExplorer as well) though need to be bought after the trial period whereas FontBase is free.

Cheers
MrDoodlezz

Edit: Unfortunately I can’t even try the demo – it requires the latest Mac OS which I can’t run on my machine yet. Oh well. :7_sweat_smile:

Auto activation only for some Adobe products.

But there is a workaround build in for programs that can't be used with auto activation, so it is still quite simple to activate fonts.

I use it for years now and the latest version is very fast and well designed UI. It's one of the best font managers out there.

I put in a request to support the affinity products for auto activation a long time ago, so, who knows.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:43 PM, MrDoodlezz said:

Hey Tourmaline,

Cheers
MrDoodlezz

With application sets you can make a set that will be activated for that specific application. So you can make a set of fonts specifaclly for affinity designer for a certain project and activate those fonts in suitcase fusion. It's the next best thing next to auto-activation.

• 4 weeks later...

PAULRFONTENOT ;-)

Late 2013 iMac/32gb ram/2tb ssd     2018 MacBook Pro/32gb ram/1 tb ssd

Affinity Designer/Designer Beta

Affinity Photo/Photo Beta

Affinity Publisher Beta

• 3 weeks later...

Added a new one, Source Serif Pro (also, many people waited for this one, since Adobe originally released just 3 styles for this Typeface; now it goes up to 12 styles). Also, Source Code Pro, the monospaced Typeface of the Superfamily (goes up to 14 styles with the new italics):

Best regards!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope I can dedicate more time to this, and maybe just do a Google Sheet and link to it would be a great option, to ease the access to it.

Best regards!

• 2 weeks later...

Another great release by Indestructible Type, now in the form of Bodoni*. Go here to see how many fonts this family includes. And go here to download.

And just like when downloading Jost*, you can specify simply 0 to download it for free, in the Amount (in USD). Then, click on Proceed to Download.

Best regards!

1 hour ago, Mithferion said:

Another great release by Indestructible Type, now in the form of Bodoni*. Go here to see how many fonts this family includes. And go here to download.

And just like when downloading Jost*, you can specify simply 0 to download it for free, in the Amount (in USD). Then, click on Proceed to Download.

Best regards!

The other fonts by Indestructible Type look good, too. :)

https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/list/foundry/indestructible-type

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

The other fonts by Indestructible Type look good, too. :)

https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/list/foundry/indestructible-type

I like Besley* too, but I didn't have the time to try and test it. I will add it to the main list. :)

Best regards!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Long time I didn't update the thread.

I'm in the process of reviewing some of the Fonts, and sadly, I had to remove a few, update some links and add a few notes... but not without adding some:

Also, Inter UI is pendind a new versions which includes thiner weights than regular. Wait for it.

Best regards!

25 minutes ago, Mithferion said:

sadly, I had to remove a few

Why? ears.gif

Alfred spacer.png

Just now, Alfred said:

Why? ears.gif

A couple of them were not available for free anymore or they didn’t even exist (or I couldn’t find them in a reliable source).

Best regards!

Just thought I would drop in and contribute some.

Arctic - Beautiful Slab Serif font, somewhat similar to Rockwell. I wish there was an actual license document, but every website you find this on states that it is free for personal and commercial use, and I've not seen anything saying it is not available for commercial use.

Gidole - Open Source modern Din font.

Optician Sans - Their website seems to be defunct, but their Github is still up and has all the files, including the license.

Public Sans - Did you know the US Government made a font? And it's actually really, really good?

13 hours ago, Pixel Atari said:

Gidole - Open Source modern Din font.

I hope this project grows. Looks promising.

And yes, Public sans is good, and added recently to the list.

Best regards! :)

13 hours ago, Pixel Atari said:

Arctic - Beautiful Slab Serif font, somewhat similar to Rockwell. I wish there was an actual license document, but every website you find this on states that it is free for personal and commercial use, and I've not seen anything saying it is not available for commercial use.

Arctic Font is on Befonts.com, “[d]esigned and shared by Matt Ellis” and marked as free for commercial use, but it should be possible to contact the designer either via a message on Behance or directly by email if you want to be absolutely sure.

Alfred spacer.png

• 3 months later...

Hi there!

I updated the Topic with the following:

• BLACKLETTER - Chomsky
  • SANS SERIF - Inter.
    (Renaming of "Inter UI". In Beta stage, adds Thin, Extra Light and Light weights)
  • SERIF - Ibarra Real Nova.

Best regards!

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Another few additions to this thread. The new fotns are:

• MONOSPACED - JetBrains Mono. For coders
  • SANS SERIF - Tanohe Sans. Derived from Cooper Hewitt. Some changes made
  • SERIF - Gelasio. Looks to me like a Transitional type of Serif
  • HEADLINES - Fahkwang. Elegant and modern, without the serifs

I will update the main post soon.

Best regards!

• 1 month later...

It seems that this is the first stable of Inter, since there is no "Beta" label for the Thin, Extra Light and Light weights), the new phase of this Typeface by Rasmus Andersson:

https://github.com/rsms/inter/releases/download/v3.12/Inter-3.12.zip

Best regards!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Hope you all are doing good in these difficult times.

Today, I bring you yet another Futura alternative, in this case, in the form of a fork of League Spartan (remember that Spartan was an american response to the german Futura). Anyway, it comes only on upright (hope the Designer adds italics...).

• HEADLINES - Spartan MB. for geometric Typefaces fans

Also, another Headline Typeface, a Serif one:

Best regards!