You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Curated list of Free for Commercial Use Fonts

Mithferion

Nice list! 

You can also check http://glukfonts.pl/ — dozens of fancy display fonts with lots of unusual ligatures and alternate styles. The website is Polish, German and English. Open Font License and free for commercial use. 

W11, Dell G5, i7, 64GB, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2600, Wacom Intuos Pro M + iPad Pro 2018.
 sakrajda.eu

• 1 month later...

Hi!

Just to let you know that Renner* has been updated and now has more weights (18 fonts in total), and in the heaviest of them, it has an alternate for the lower case "a".

Best regards!

9 minutes ago, haakoo said:

But not free

From the website: “You don't have to pay anything if you don't want to! You can always come back and pay what you think it's worth.”

You only get the new variable font version of Renner* if you pay US$10 or more, but the static version is still available for free.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

and the source code for the variable font version is free to download and comes with instructions on building it yourself.

1 minute ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

From the website: “You don't have to pay anything if you don't want to! You can always come back and pay what you think it's worth.”

You only get the new variable font version of Renner* if you pay US$10 or more, but the static version is still available for free.

And also from the website: and the source code for the variable font version is free to download and comes with instructions on building it yourself.

I am a bit puzzled, though, about charging at all, as that seems to violate the Open Font license which prohibits charging for the font itself.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

and the source code for the variable font version is free to download and comes with instructions on building it yourself.

And also from the website: and the source code for the variable font version is free to download and comes with instructions on building it yourself.

I am a bit puzzled, though, about charging at all, as that seems to violate the Open Font license which prohibits charging for the font itself.

Only the static version is released under the SIL OFL. The variable font is separate.

2 minutes ago, haakoo said:

But the updated version isn't.
Besides the link points to the paid version , it's a donationware and in my opinion not considered free
The static is there but it isn't reached easily

The free version has been updated to include nine weights (Regular and Italic, for a total of 18 fonts). Although it is unarguably donationware, downloading it for free simply requires you to put 0 in the ‘Amount’ box before submitting the form on the download page.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Yeah, you can download the non-variable-font version for free, just by putting 0 in the 'Amount' box.

Best regards!

Also, in the Font Squirrel link, the 9 weights with italics version is available (the non-variable-font version of it).

Best regards!

Great! I been looking on google for some fonts for a catalogue (mainly for print but also available in the web). Catalogue of products, with references, attributes and small descriptions.

I will check your list, but I would love to hear some recomendations for my purpose.

Thanks!

ps: anyone knows if the MOSK font is free for commercial? Can't find valid information about it.

INTEL I5 3470 | 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | SSD EVO850 500GB | MSI 1050 TI 4GB

Windows 10 | Affinity Designer 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.206

3 hours ago, RM10 said:

Great! I been looking on google for some fonts for a catalogue (mainly for print but also available in the web). Catalogue of products, with references, attributes and small descriptions.

I will check your list, but I would love to hear some recomendations for my purpose.

Thanks!

I would recommend you to try Inter UI:

https://rsms.me/inter/ 

Best regards!

11 hours ago, Mithferion said:

I would recommend you to try Inter UI:

https://rsms.me/inter/ 

Best regards!

Seems nice.

I'm also trying the Source Sans Pro. I will present these solutions and see. Thanks!

INTEL I5 3470 | 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | SSD EVO850 500GB | MSI 1050 TI 4GB

Windows 10 | Affinity Designer 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Photo 1.7.0.209 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.206

2 hours ago, RM10 said:

Seems nice.

I'm also trying the Source Sans Pro. I will present these solutions and see. Thanks!

Source Sans Pro is one of my favourites, but for small sizes, Inter UI and Open Sans are better suited.

Also, as far as I know, Inter UI is currently under constant development.

Best regards!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi there!

Two updates:

1. Renner* has changed its name to Jost*, but basically, it's the same font (you can still get it for free or you can get the variable version for $10 USD).
  2. Next is anorther great alternative to geometric Typefaces like Futura or Gilroy, called Objectivity. You can download it for free here. Also, the designer accepts donations, here.

Best regards!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, hey Mithferion!

Thanks for putting these together, it's quite the collection!

Not sure if everyone is familiar with it, but just yesterday I posted about FontBase in another thread.
FontBase is a basic font-management software wich offers a free version.

One cool thing I noticed is that right from the start it has the Google font library linked into it's code
or something like that, so you can activate them without even visiting the side.
I thought that's pretty clever! :6_smile:

Besides that, with a growing library like this you might want to organize the fonts more specific maybe
by topic, different projects, names or groups. Or maybe you don't need all the bazillion fonts activated
at the same time which may slow down you machine and is pretty distracting.

Well, I just thought I'd leave this here – try it, it's free! :10_wink:

Have a nice day!
MrDoodlezz

2023_b.png.6eb47882072cc58253b7219526339b14.png

10 hours ago, MrDoodlezz said:

Not sure if everyone is familiar with it, but just yesterday I posted about FontBase in another thread.
FontBase is a basic font-management software wich offers a free version.

You are welcome!

And thanks for the recomendation, I'll give it a try.

Best regards!

Just to let you know, that Inter UI has been updated to the 3.0 version, which means:

• Besides being a traditional Typeface family, it's a Variable one too.
  • It has more weights, so now it has the following: Regular, Medium, Medium Bold, Bold, Extra Bold and Black, with corresponding Italics.
  • Refined glyphs and kerning improvements.

Best regards!

15 minutes ago, Tourmaline said:

Unfortunately Dentra is not free, it's $15.

Thanks for the list. You can't have enough fonts, LOL.

@MrDoodlezz

I use Suitcase fusion 8.

Maybe it was a temporary offer. Too bad, I will delete from the list.

Thanks for pointing it ou!