eriksatie

Hangs on printing dialog on Canon MG 7500

If I try to print to my Canon MG7000 series I always get the spinning ball. Cannot print at all. The printing dialog opens up, I can change some parameters, but after a while the spinning ball arrives and I have to force quite the application . Also tried last beta but it is the same.

printing drivers are 16.20.0.0. printer connected via LAN

Hey eriksatie,

Can you print from other applications to the same printer? Does it let you print if you do not change any of the parameters but instead just press the print button immediately? 

3 minutes ago, Chris B said:

Hey eriksatie,

Can you print from other applications to the same printer? Does it let you print if you do not change any of the parameters but instead just press the print button immediately? 

yes to both

I've found that this problem seems to happen when printing file opened from Apple Photo with the command "open in..."

If I export the photo from apple photo and then open it with affinity I have no problems

I have the same issue. When I am trying to print, while I am on the printer dialog (window), occasionally Affinity Designer hangs with a spinning ball. Only solution, force quit and reopen to print. But then, it does not hang. It print normally. From all other applications I can print normally. HP network printer.

Hey eriksatie, I've reproduced this on two Mac's now whilst opening a file into Affinity from Photos.

@Aristarxos Can you confirm if you are also opening images straight from Photos? 

Hi Chris B.

Sorry for the late response. I should point out that the issue I have is on Affinity Designer. The hang spin ball is not happening always. The only thing I am doing is command+P and hit enter. I have not locate yet what I am doing to crush. I am not loading any photo, not sure I understand what you mean by that.

The printer is an HP M551 with latest drivers and firmware.

let me know if you want me to try something.

A.

Hey Aristarxos,

I believed the issue was when you opened the 'Photos' application and then did the command 'Edit in...' Affinity Photo/Designer and then went to the Print dialog. This is how I reproduced the issue. There may be a general print dialog issue though. 

Are you just opening Affinity Designer and then opening a document or starting a blank one and hitting Print?

Hi Chris B,

I am opening a file in AD (or working on a project), hit command+P and enter, and there is a ~30-50% chance it will hang.

Then, I reopen AD do the same and then it prints, not always though, but with a small chance of hanging.

Best,

A.

Thanks. I'm trying to find out if there may be a general issue within the print dialog that is causing the issue. I'll update this thread once I get any feedback from dev. Thanks :)