You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo: How to create t-shirt mock-up templates?

Hi,

i would like to create a t-shirt mock-up (template where you can put logos on top and change color of shirt).

Example:

Spread_The_Love_T_Shirt.jpg.03e9194786d3035ef81ee04668bd8fcf.jpg

Ass you can see the guy didn't took a photo of each coloured shirt, he just made one photo and coloured the shirt afterwards with software.

My questions:

1) So i take a photo of a shirt - which colour is the best for the template? White?

2) How do i colour the shirt?

3) How do i put the existing shadows on top of the coloured shirt?

Many thanks!

Open a photo of a plain white T-shirt and add a Fill layer with the colour that you want. Set the blend mode of the new layer to ‘Multiply’ so that the white areas of the T-shirt become coloured but the greyscale pattern of the wrinkles remains visible. Add the logo art on top.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 25.2.2018 at 2:25 PM, Alfred said:

Open a photo of a plain white T-shirt and add a Fill layer with the colour that you want. Set the blend mode of the new layer to ‘Multiply’ so that the white areas of the T-shirt become coloured but the greyscale pattern of the wrinkles remains visible. Add the logo art on top.

Hi Alfred!

This works fine so far... but colours the wooden background too. Any idea how to solve this? Thank you!

multi.thumb.png.889a50b4a115720c03ab2c999d887c62.png

Mask the T-Shirt layer with that fill color layer, drag the fill layer below and slightly right of the T-Shirt so that it get's a child layer of the T-Shirt layer.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2