You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 hours ago, Designia said:

Yes, but not fully responsive.

And that was one of the reasons, given that it could never be made fully responsive, why development of WebPlus has stopped!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

I forget what the exact wording was, but I remember a staff member saying something like if there were to be an Affinity web app, it would have to have a different approach because of how simpler website creation has gotten over the years.

I don't know what Affinity's take would be if they were to create one, but perhaps they could use similar tool as the ones in Blocs. I haven't used it for myself, but the promotion video sucked me in. Just a mention.

https://blocsapp.com

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

6 hours ago, Bri-Toon said:

I forget what the exact wording was, but I remember a staff member saying something like if there were to be an Affinity web app, it would have to have a different approach because of how simpler website creation has gotten over the years.

I don't know what Affinity's take would be if they were to create one, but perhaps they could use similar tool as the ones in Blocs. I haven't used it for myself, but the promotion video sucked me in. Just a mention.

https://blocsapp.com

Thank you. It is a pity that I work on the Windows system

Regards

1 hour ago, Designia said:

I work on the Windows system

WYSIWYG Web Builder may be of interest. There is a 30-day evaluation period before you have to purchase a licence if you want to continue to use it.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

18 hours ago, Designia said:

Yes, but not fully responsive.

Good point!  Somewhat perversely, I'm finding that the improved resolutions of modern phones / tablets mean that my old web sites display ok, while so called "responsive" sites can be quite frustrating to use.

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

7 hours ago, Alfred said:

WYSIWYG Web Builder may be of interest. There is a 30-day evaluation period before you have to purchase a licence if you want to continue to use it.

Thanks. I know this program, I also know Incomedia Website X5, WebAccapella and a few others. However, I like Serif Webplus for ease of use.

I've helped a few people with websites and Incomedia was a bit weird, wysiwyg web builder was easy to use, I've used Webplus but I found the text rendering to be poor, it was kind of pixelated! did they ever fix that?

@Designia Blocs is fun to use and makes light work of website creation, another option is RapidWeaver. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

2 hours ago, Designia said:

Thanks. I know this program, I also know Incomedia Website X5, WebAccapella and a few others. However, I like Serif Webplus for ease of use.

Thanks: WebAcappella looks interesting. I see that there’s a free version which, like the free WebPlus Starter Edition, is limited to five pages. Unlike WebPlus, the licensed versions can be installed on a Mac and a Windows PC.

2 hours ago, firstdefence said:

I've helped a few people with websites and Incomedia was a bit weird, wysiwyg web builder was easy to use

Those are my impressions, too, but only from a distance, since I don’t have first-hand experience of either program.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

9 hours ago, IanSG said:

Good point!  Somewhat perversely, I'm finding that the improved resolutions of modern phones / tablets mean that my old web sites display ok, while so called "responsive" sites can be quite frustrating to use.

That can be tricky. The newer web builders are usually already formatted for desktops, mobile devices, and iPads to keep the designer from changing the look for each device. But I'm sure it can be frustrating to use in areas.

6 hours ago, firstdefence said:

@Designia Blocs is fun to use and makes light work of website creation, another option is RapidWeaver. 

Before I was looking into Blocs, I was also exploring into RapidWeaver as well. Unfortunately, those are both Mac-only programs, and I guess Designia uses Windows.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Haha it is too bad when there is a program only for one operating system.

I am very particulate with web builders, and I feel while it doesn't necessarily need to be drag-and-drop, I need something that comes with structured blocks for inserting content. If that makes sense. Not something like Wix whereas you can place content anywhere, but to keep everything in a grid. Also, I struggle a lot in getting the exact design. There are dozens of templates, but not enough customization I feel. If I want to replicate a design of a website I really like, there never seems to be the right options other than having to use code. So the more "design" features, the more I'm likely to use the builder.

Overall, finding the right tools is a tough job. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Another one for Windows is Artisteer  

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

@MEB Coffecup, that's a flash from the past, I can remember them doing several neat little apps, I can remember them being quite a quirky company too and having a sense of humour; which I liked, but that website is nothing like I remember.  

Designia, what features are you looking for in website creation? Before I recommend anything, I ask because there are quite a bunch of online web builders (which I'm sure you are aware of), but quite a few went up hill.

Have you ever heard of SnapPages? It is an online web builder that comes pretty feature-rich. I recommend it because they have a great theme designer, it's drag-and-drop, easy to use, and they carry a lot of the needed tools. The Basic plan is $10 per month which gives you unlimited pages and 10GB of storage.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings all,

As a long-time WebPlus user, and one that has actually tried out most of the web-editing apps listed in this thread...  I still come back "home" to WebPlus each and every time.  Xara is close in terms of a standalone app, but it is so much more cumbersome to use... no common master page, no easy navbar editing... lots of things "missing" on the Insert menu or context menu...  wow...

WebPlus has spoiled me!  And... yep, this whole "responsive" website design concept is kind of junky in my opinion.  Just go to one... any one... you get this HUGE big splash of a big graphics pic or animated panel on a PC display... or... your get an overly-simplistic presentation on a phone...  hey, don't most mobile devices simply auto-adjust the presentation size of a normal web page anymore these days?

Wow...  I fail to see why the software folks at Serif do not see how easy and intuitive their WebPlus app has been for folks over the years?  Come on, Serif... I'd LOVE to purchase an Affinity-level web-development app!  Wix? Xara? Coffeecup (anything)?  Err...  I won't say good or bad about them, but... WebPlus still RULES to this day!

Best regards, Doug W.  A long-time WP user (and one that wants to continue to use it!)