You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Faster font selection

Hey!

Found out about Affinity Photo today, and the software looks pretty damn good! As a first try I continued working on a logo design I had going in Photoshop. PSD imported all good, but when I started going through the fonts, I encountered a little trouble. First of the font selection window filled the whole screen and I couldn't see the design anymore. Would be easier if I could just go through the font's with the arrow keys, without the whole huge selection window showing the samples popping up at all.

I got over the problem by opening the Character -window though, but in that window I got the fonts to scroll down nice first, but after making a copy of a layer of one of the fonts I might want to use, the scrolling with arrows stopped working and it either moved the cursor in the typed text or the whole text up or down. Is there a solution for this or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks before hand!

Jani

P.S. It might just be me, but I'm so used to copying layers by just draging them to the New Layer icon in the bottom of the layers palette, that I wouldn't mind you guys adding that function... =)

Argyle, I have had the same problem and have never figured why scrolling works sometimes and doesn't others.  I thought it was just me.  I usually have to click on each one.  When the scrolling worked it was really nice.  Tried it in the new beta that just came out and the scrolling didn't work.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra