You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi guys,

I stumbled upon a bad and weird bug. I'm using the Beta version, and this bug exists at least in the current and previous beta versions (tested in both).

So basically I opened a jpeg with Affinity, and copy/pasted it in an affinity project. The weird thing is that the image cannot be moved, even thought it's not locked. I attached the file, the jpeg is not the problem, I tried this with other images as well. The jpeg in question is the one on the left.

Cheers,

Chris

APP THE BUSINESS.afdesign

When I select the image, an empty rectangle appears as a real selection on the right side. Where's that coming from?
Nevertheless, different things can be done with the picture. For example, rotate, mirror, align etc. Very strange ...

You have a selection active, deselect it

Select > Deselect
or CTRL + d

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

44 minutes ago, Michail said:

When I select the image, an empty rectangle appears as a real selection on the right side. Where's that coming from?
Nevertheless, different things can be done with the picture. For example, rotate, mirror, align etc. Very strange ...

Yeah I know, I have no idea what that is, it doesn't seem to actually exist (the rectangle)

16 minutes ago, carl123 said:

You have a selection active, deselect it

Select > Deselect
or CTRL + d

At first glance, nothing is marked. How do I know that something is marked? And why is this invisible marker not removed when I mark something else?

• Staff
18 hours ago, Michail said:

At first glance, nothing is marked. How do I know that something is marked? And why is this invisible marker not removed when I mark something else?

16 hours ago, chris.bannu said:

It's probably a bug, it doesn't really make sense

If a pixel selection has a transparency of less than 50% it is not displayed - this is not a bug and is by design. Photoshop also follows the same logic.

11 minutes ago, Sean P said:

If a pixel selection has a transparency of less than 50% it is not displayed - this is not a bug and is by design. Photoshop also follows the same logic.

Oh, had no idea. I must of accidentally done that, because I have no recollection of doing so :D I never learned Photoshop, I can't stand the interface/ux :)

But glad I got this sorted out and can continue my work.

Thank you so much :)

10 hours ago, Sean P said:

1. The difference is that Photoshop doesn't remember a selection when the session is closed. I can also move a layer in spite of the selection.
2. Can you give me an example of how a selection like the one in chris.bannu's picture is made? I've only seen something like this before in gradient masks. But even there the selection is still partly visible. And what the hell does the vagrant selection have to do with the inserted image? :13_upside_down:

The stupid thing is that nothing points to this selection. You can of course get used to pressing Ctrl+D as a precaution after opening a project. But that is impracticable.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.