You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm starting the trial version of affinity photo. I noticed that the shadows/highlights adjustment resets every time I start a new document, so I created a preset of the adjustment that I wanted to use on several documents. The only problem is that I can't figure out where to find the preset. I expected a drop down menu when I opened up the shadows/highlight adjustment the next time, but the only option was to create a new preset. Then I thought my preset might be listed in the adjustments menu. Nope. Where can I find it? 

Another great option to help with the problem would be the ability to copy a layer style from the layers panel and then apply it to a different layer. Maybe this is already possible (I hope) and it just doesn't work the way that I am used to doing it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

It is in the Studio, in the Adjustment panel.

presets.jpg.b40c0c33599a3c6ff071f213625abf8b.jpg

You can only access Presets from there.

If you copy a layer (Ctrl + C) you can paste the style Shift + Ctrl + V

You can also paste Layer effects

Look in the Edit menu.

paste.jpg.602e18b5dc8422eb08399cca6597e3eb.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

13 hours ago, toltec said:

It is in the Studio, in the Adjustment panel.

presets.jpg.b40c0c33599a3c6ff071f213625abf8b.jpg

You can only access Presets from there.

Thats so uncomfortable: Why does no edit-box support "load preset" as hamburger (including sub-categorys) AND as well as fast one-click prev/next-buttons? That would speed up the workflow enorm.

The whole preset-handling is a big step-child in AP and should be fixed asap with love to the details. Each unnecessary click and extra-mouse-way should be avoid!

OSX 12.5  / iMac Retina 27" / Radeon Pro 580X / Metall: on! --- WWG1WGA WW!

11 hours ago, Polygonius said:

Thats so uncomfortable: Why does no edit-box support "load preset" as hamburger (including sub-categorys) AND as well as fast one-click prev/next-buttons? That would speed up the workflow enorm.

I am not quite sure what you mean by "edit-box" but if it is the window that opens with the user-adjustable parameters for (most) adjustments, consider that there could be dozens of presets saved for each of the adjustment categories, & their user-assigned names could be anything, including duplicates in different categories & generic ones like "Soft" or "Extreme."

Also, some of them can be computationally demanding, so "load preset" could take several seconds to render an on-screen preview.

With that in mind, I am not sure how what you propose could speed up workflows or simplify anything.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7