You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Open in Place

13 hours ago, pjglad said:

Does Open in Place/Save work with Dropbox or this an iCloud only feature?

I think it's supposed to work, but I had no luck with it. I'm using the latest update of Dropbox and the latest iOS11.2.6

My experience so far has been that save in place isn't quite there yet. I *can* work fairly well in some workflows, but not in all. There's another thread here that I outlined in detail my own experiences of what works and what doesn't work very well quite yet. The rest of the app overall seems to be getting more solid/stable with the latest update... so that's good news. Still a few wrinkles, but getting ever so much closer.

If there's a secret to getting it to work with Dropbox that someone else has figured out, I'd like to know too. :)

1 hour ago, pjglad said:

Was this issue not energized in the beta?

What are we to understand by your use of the word “energized” here?? Do you perhaps mean “addressed”? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Yes, I 'think' I recall this working fine in the beta. However I updated Dropbox two days ago and now the Save in place to Dropbox does not work. It may be something Dropbox did rather than AP.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/