Designer: Any way to expand blended colors to get a palette ?

So, I am learning vectoring, coloring, etc with Affinity Designer and I am reading some tutorials on different projects I want to try. One such tutorial has steps to blend 2 colors together then extract the shades from the blend to create a palette. The steps for Illustrator are listed in the attachment and I am wondering if Design has the same ability? 

1.PNG

You can use the gradient panel to create a gradient. Here I made a rectangle and selected the gradient panel from the Context Toolbar,

gradient.png.c21006699ae0698e7256ab8af14c0de2.png

If you use the Swatches burger menu, you can make a palette from anything, here, from your image.

palette.thumb.png.831dc2104004942639f2b8e1d1777eee.png

A Document Palette is stored in this document only/

An Application Palette will be stored so you can use it in every Designer document.

Create a Palette and you will get this

palette2.png.ee1d8818cf3cdc1abbb3630a05d0f775.png

You can also create a Palette from a file on disc (no need to open it first) and select how many colours you end up with..

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.