You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

afstyles....again

Can anyone give me a step by step (or point me to a tutorial on Vimeo or YouTube) to help me install the style files that are downloaded from the Resources forum here? I did it successfully (and easily) with the previous version but I am just not doing well with the new version.

I have tried saving the files to Dropbox and the Files app but nothing is importing using “import styles” in the Styles palette.

Color me frustrated.

Yesi

Open the fx studio and scroll down to styles. Open the styles menu and tap on the hamburger bars (at top of screen next to the pin) and select import styles. Navigate to style file and tap. Video shows import from Dropbox that I just tested. :)

B580B047-1DDD-470D-969A-65D77064325A.MP4

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

3 hours ago, BeverlyE said:

I agree!!! I've spent way too much time trying to do this. Actually, I'm still in the middle of it so I'm really glad you asked this! I've never imported any styles before.

Beverly,

I found if I store the styles file in iCloud, it imports perfectly. Try that and let me know if it works for you too.

Good luck!

Sadly from time to time our toys refuse to play nicely. Believe me I know the feeling. :(

iPad safari won’t play mp4 so you will need to download the file and open in a media player or another browser.

It looks like you have an issue interworking iOS Files with Dropbox. I had this happen once too. I fixed it by using the Dropbox app to login to Dropbox. In Dropbox settings, delete the cache. Close the Dropbox app.Close AP. Best now to power cycle the iPad off and back on.

If everything went right you should now see the files properly (not dimmed) in Files/Dropbox personal.

Should now look like this...

D0829A2D-51A8-4ACA-A4B1-5CDE8DA37ABC.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

31 minutes ago, DM1 said:

iPad safari won’t play mp4 so you will need to download the file and open in a media player or another browser.

I think I was acting on a recommendation from you when I purchased a copy of iCab Mobile. Well worth the small amount of money that its developer asks for!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I bought and used iCabmobile to download and unzip one of the files but when I try to import them into styles they are greyed out. I also moved the files to my iCloud Drive and they don't show up on my iPad at all. Everywhere the files appear they are greyed out. I can't figure out what's wrong.

Let me go through my steps and do some screenshots. 

I download the file file from this forum and open in iZip. In iZip I extract all and click on the resulting afstyles file. iZip says it doesn’t recognize this file format and asks me where to open it. I click on Save to Files. When the location prompt comes up, I click iCloud Drive and then click Add in the upper right hand corner.

In Affinity Photo, open a document then open the Styles palette and click on Styles at the bottom. Click on the box with 3 lines (next to the pushpin icon) and click Import Styles. The Browse option should have the iCloud Drive open and you will see your downloaded file. Click that. Then watch your new Styles pop up in AP.

If you want a link to the free iZip app, yell.

6FD2765F-51B6-4941-A713-8029A3EB27D0.jpeg

D8DDBD1C-BDAC-4225-86E0-BEFC15F0C19D.jpeg

7DD3C596-C232-45D0-916A-A3B5E81DE96D.jpeg

EA42A3E2-25E3-4948-8275-81DECB685D67.jpeg

BEFE0CAF-D84D-473B-A7F2-CDA9939862C9.jpeg

DB00A0D8-CB21-4527-ADF2-1B197B70DFB9.jpeg

AFA191A8-CD57-4BC8-9D8B-9A257B787182.jpeg

6D2894BD-CCB5-4576-93DB-1CDB3F194EB5.jpeg

9B6155B0-5AE1-4D60-9387-11A0DCCD6839.jpeg