You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I think hemi would sort that pretty quickly and for course the mesh tool if you want to do it manually. I've had a couple of panos like that as well and have come to the conclusion that that's what is required for best point alignment which is the most important thing, correcting the geometry being an acceptable trade off.

Regards

1 hour ago, ms.fuentecilla said:

But what is 'hemi'?

Fisheye-Hemi plug-in from Imadio.

1 hour ago, ms.fuentecilla said:

What is IMHO?

IMHO = 'In My Humble Opinion'. (You may also come across IMNSHO = 'In My Not So Humble Opinion'!)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 2:46 PM, ms.fuentecilla said:

No complaint intended just an observation. The distortion can also be corrected via 'lens' in develop if it has to occur in the first place. The mesh tool creates its own problems. But what is 'hemi'? What is IMHO?

Can lens correction correct this? It's a stitched pano

When I run my RAW files through DxO lens correction is applied, doesn't change the stitch results other than more accurate point alignment (I believe/hope!)

@Alfred thanks, I really must remember to add links when I just throw something like that in!  ( should I reference DxO ? :S )

Regards

Lens correction I played with did make adjustments to the final developed result straightening the sea horizon but there was distortion in that the upper part was compressed, so altering the perspective diminishing the mountain. No lens correction was needed for the original frames in both of which the sea was horizontal. 

23 minutes ago, harrym said:

( should I reference DxO ? :S )

I don't see why not, Harry! Lots of our fellow users do, and unless you're a DxO employee it can hardly be construed as advertising. ;)

Alfred spacer.png

4 minutes ago, ms.fuentecilla said:

I thought you might be interested to see this fantastic cyclonic result from a 3 frame vertical panorama

That looks amazing, but I suspect it isn't quite what you were aiming for! :o

Alfred spacer.png

WOW that's just plain mental! :o

Care to share the original RAWS?

Wonder if this is a focal length issue, which end of 16-70 are you using?

When I do panos I'm always at least 50mm (FF equiv)

Regards

Sharing becomes possible perhaps when I am out of Spain. In rural Spain bandwidth is not brilliant. Wider end used probably around 20. This is not shown in the AP data. I have many other successful panoramas even fro 16mm, so this was a surprise.

At one stage in this you asked me to send the originals of the Feb 23rd post via Dropbox but it proved not possible at that time. It should now be possible if you would still want them as I now have a fast connection from Holland. They would be ARW files and therefore large. Please let me know.

Sorry this is an incorrect response. The correct one has been sent to a request from Feb 16th.

3 hours ago, ms.fuentecilla said:

This was an experiment on my part so the originals have little pictorial merit but hopefully they will now upload with a proper internet speed. Enjoy testing!

DSC04255.ARW

DSC04256.ARW

DSC04257.ARW

DSC04258.ARW

My result
Picture 04255 + 04256 - Save Pano as TIF
Picture 04257 + 04258 - Save Pano as TIF, then
Tif 1 + TIF 2 as Pano

DSC04255-04258_Pano.tiff

Win7 HP 64 Bit, AMD Six-core 3.50 GHz, 16 GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.