You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No Left-hand Gutter: Designer 1.6.1 RC1

When setting up a grid with gutters I can get them top, right and bottom but the right-hand side always starts with the actual grid square. Is this a “by design” thing? Which would seem odd to me:S

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

Thanks for the reply Sean will do, but there’s more strangeness today with gutters in my attempt to make a file for you…
Where I am right now (with internet) I have an old beat-up Macbook Pro running OSX10.11.6 and I thought to make an example file and send it, (see attached).
The thing is on this machine I still get a missing gutter but now it’s the top one that’s always missing?!
On my other actual work Macbook Pro running Sierra, as in my original post, it’s the left gutter that’s always missing!
I can make a new file on that machine tonight and if it still displays the same behaviour, post it too tomorrow.
For now here’s what I have on this old Mac.

Edit: I see in my original post I miss-said it was the right gutter that was missing! I meant the LEFT gutter was missing and always starts with the actual square. Sorry for any confusion!

Missing Gutter Test RC1 Biuld on OSX10.11.6.afdesign

5a941339f22cc_ScreenShot2018-02-26at14_50_19.thumb.png.7ba0d14ae01997f11bb7dede68271b53.png

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

• Staff

Hi markw,

This is a known issue. It depends on what API is being used to display on screen (Preferences, Performance: OpenGL, OpenGL (Basic) or Metal). There's no way to control the origin. Grids are being improved/expanded for future updates/versions and hopefully this will be addressed as well.

Ah, I see... Thanks for the clarification there MEB:)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.