You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I make a two point straight line with pen tool, (A to B and that's it no C, then start a new line with a different A)?  The next point always connects with last point I'm using line mode, some times holding ALT seems to work, but never consistently.  I've watched way too many vids that don't help with what I would think would be a simple and important thing to know.  

• Staff

Hi mikegem,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

If you are using the Pen Tool in Line mode you should only be able to draw straight lines with a single segment. As soon as you click the third time on canvas it should start a new line. Are you sure you using Line Mode? In Pen Mode you have to press ESC to finish the current line and be able to start a new one. What OS and Affinity app are you running?

Uh, Yep you're right it works great today, third click, new layer, new line.  I hadn't slept in 36 hours and I don't know what I was or wasn't doing to make it not work, but it works great today.  I was trying to place perspective lines on photo to get my 3D camera set right, because Syntheyes was acting up so thought I'd do it by hand  and was extremely frustrated .  I am amazed at the quick response on this forum I really appreciate it sorry it was such an obvious thing, but thanks again.