Hi,

I have opened a previous document to edit and wish to change from portrait to landscape but can't deselect the portrait option when I reopen document setup. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for the answers. I did think of rotation but thought you could change the orientation using document setup. I thought I had done so before, but perhaps it is because I was using an artboard. I just tested with a new document and some content and could deselect portrait, but not with an artboard. I should have thought of testing this way before.

As it was an artboard in a document with only a few items I used copy and paste into a new document.

Thanks again.

2 hours ago, Silver06 said:

I just tested with a new document and some content and could deselect portrait, but not with an artboard.

You can use the Transform panel to rotate an Artboard by 90 degrees to switch between portrait and landscape.

First ensure "Lock Children" is enabled in context toolbar of Move Tool if you do not want the Artboard's content from also being rotated.

(The clockwise and anticlockwise rotation commands and their buttons in the AD main toolbar ignore the child lock and centre of rotation.)