You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta - 1.6.3.103

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key (issued if Affinity Designer was purchased from the Affinity Store).

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed raster brush velocity

Are you sure the file is not opened in a pdf reader when you try to save it....

Also, if you use Windows Defender as your antivirus, it often prevents apps from creating a file to the desktop.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

BUG: whenever using Ctrl+scroll to zoom in/out, there are all sorts of grey shapes flickering while performing the zoom. It also happens when using Ctrl+1/2 etc. Please, can I get the previous version again, I have a lot of work to do and my eyes are going crazy, it's extremely annoying. PLEEEASSEE! Can anyone send me the previous version?

edit: after changing the stage height the flickering stopped

• Staff
On 25/02/2018 at 8:31 AM, chris.bannu said:

BUG: whenever using Ctrl+scroll to zoom in/out, there are all sorts of grey shapes flickering while performing the zoom. It also happens when using Ctrl+1/2 etc. Please, can I get the previous version again, I have a lot of work to do and my eyes are going crazy, it's extremely annoying. PLEEEASSEE! Can anyone send me the previous version?

edit: after changing the stage height the flickering stopped

I've reproduced that here - I believe it is being caused by a pixel selection being active whilst zooming. I'll get it passed on to development.

I found a bug, which I noticed in the previous beta as well. Sometimes, after using the drop shadow effect, the DROP SHADOW title disappears, together with the checkbox which removes the drop shadow. Basically you have to restart the program for it to reset. I posted a screenshot of what the effects panel looks like :)

Thanks,

Chris

effects-screenshot.jpg

• Staff
25 minutes ago, chris.bannu said:

I found a bug, which I noticed in the previous beta as well. Sometimes, after using the drop shadow effect, the DROP SHADOW title disappears, together with the checkbox which removes the drop shadow. Basically you have to restart the program for it to reset. I posted a screenshot of what the effects panel looks like :)

Thanks,

Chris

effects-screenshot.jpg

Unfortunately I can't fully see because the stroke, but can you just not scroll back up/move the scroll bar to view the rest of that panel? 

Happened several times now that the entire UI of Designer stopped responding, several times today while I tested what Chris has posted about above.

The canvas itself is still active, I can still draw new shapes when I had a shape tool selected prior to the freeze, but I can't click anything, no buttons, no menu items, nothing.

Never happened before. Have to quit the app (by right-clicking it in the task bar -> close Window) and restart it.

11 minutes ago, wilson66 said:

Happened several times now that the entire UI of Designer stopped responding, several times today while I tested what Chris has posted about above.

The canvas itself is still active, I can still draw new shapes when I had a shape tool selected prior to the freeze, but I can't click anything, no buttons, no menu items, nothing.

Never happened before. Have to quit the app (by right-clicking it in the task bar -> close Window) and restart it.

Are you using a Surface Pro with pen?