You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.3.103

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Stability
Requirements: A valid product key, (issued if Affinity Photo was purchased from Affinity Store).

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. 

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed crash in Live Perspective Filter

• Fixed raster brush velocity

Thanks at the development team for the new beta, the first impression is very good.
I will test tomorrow.

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Thanks for the update ...

just had a strange issue with AP which I have not seen before...it locked up (forced quit with Task Manager ), rebooted App..but when it opened..as full screen shot AP is asking to restore files but you cannot close the request panel...(fixed on yes for restore but cannot close it or click noO.o!)...It's a first.....for me......

locked out.JPG

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

and if still now the overlay erase brush is corrected, that would be perfect. ;):)
I wish the affinity team a nice weekend.

Untitled-2.mp4

54 minutes ago, Gnobelix said:

and if still now the overlay erase brush is corrected, that would be perfect. ;):)

Samething here in overlay mode. It display the same jerky patterns, and sometimes when you toggle between Eraser and Overlay Brush the cpu usage goes over 95% et the computer becomes unresponsive.

But everything else so far ... sings.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

1 hour ago, Wikinger said:

@Gnobelix

Bonjour.

Vous avez 1.6.3.102 mais, même chose dans.6.3.103 :D 

Hi Wikinger,,
see it as a gentle reminder :D

Guys sorry for asking here, but the same questions asked in "Questions" sections remain unanswered. I want to know are wacom hand gestures working with this new AP build? I had a friend come over to my place some time ago to test his wacom intuos pro M (2017) with AP and zoom worked, same cant be said for rotating and dragging. 

10 hours ago, Linus Pleyer said:

I've just installed the Beta and it crashes every time. It load the application, but as soon as I try to click something on the starting panel  it crashes. Did I miss something installing it?

I have the same experience with this and the previous beta as well.

12 hours ago, Linus Pleyer said:

I've just installed the Beta and it crashes every time. It load the application, but as soon as I try to click something on the starting panel  it crashes. Did I miss something installing it?

Maybe that? look here

Short update
Graphics tablet driver uninstalled.

In the Windows Device Manager, have i deactivated the following.
Input Devices (Human Interface Devices)
HID compliant pen
HID compliant pen

Graphics tablet driver reinstalled.
Now works AP + AD including graphics tablet very well.:):)

Thanks to Mark and Arba for the support

Devices.PNG

I work in a jewelry company, I do brochures, catalogues using Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator, Mainly I do cropping of jewelry backgrounds keeping only the jewelry piece for later layouts. This process requires defining selections manually and use for masking. I have been trying to move from CS to Affinity, but somehow some workflow are not behaving in a friendly manner. Here are some points that I'm hoping the developers could do something.

1. Not keeping the feather values across the tools
2. Not able to assign hotkeys to macros
3. Not able to drag a freehand/marquee tool selection to a specific location (this is really important when defining add/subtract selections using basic shapes. Usually PS allows you to drag, scale & re-position a marquee shape via spacebar, I'm not able to figure out how to do this in AP up to now.
4. When using the pen-tool converting the path into a selection does give you an option how much feathering is applied, therefore you need to run the feathering each time (so time consuming). Also after defining a path and when you need to create another path the previous path goes hidden mode, was really hoping it stays visible till I'm done with all the path to be converted in to a selection.

If ever would really appreciate if you could kindly look into this...

28235207_1759663007388028_7868915104195942973_o.jpg

Hmmmm... Just a little cosmetic problem... I used a clean, white canvas. From Adjustment tab I selected any item. Settings window opened, and click on Delete button, and what I see? Adjustment thumbnails will hidden/no show... I tested on a Dell notebook with Intel HD 3000 series, and nVidia NVS 4200 M cards. With an opened picture has no problem.

AP-thumbnails.jpg