You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Update for iPad

Hi,

Have purchased Photo and Designer for Mac

Have purchased Photo for iPad

Just received update notification of Photo on iPad but can’t find a way to do it. Photo is not in my purchased apps list on the iPad, I have to search for it and then it is the old version with only the option to open it.

Do I have to purchase again ?

These problems with the Apple and Affinity stores are frustrating. I appear to be able to download the extras for the update but not the update itself.

• Staff

Hi Bri_G,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

No, you don't have to pay for it again. We already have received a few reports from other users about this issue and we are looking into it. It may be simply because the servers are under heavy load. Please wait a few more hours or try again tomorrow 

• Staff
45 minutes ago, kwarn said:

Curious to find out what was the version that was on the App store before this 'new' version.....or at least what version should I have on my iPad prior to this one.....?

@kwarn

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

iPad Affinity Photo was on 1.6.5.61 and is now moving to 1.6.7.76. Pressing the cog on the top right of the start page shows an about screen with the version in the bottom right.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

8 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

@kwarn

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

iPad Affinity Photo was on 1.6.5.61 and is now moving to 1.6.7.76. Pressing the cog on the top right of the start page shows an about screen with the version in the bottom right.

Thanks for the information......the update is not on offer as yet for me.....I have tried all the tricks to 'refresh' the update section in the app store but no luck so far.....

• Staff
Just now, kwarn said:

Thanks for the information......the update is not on offer as yet for me.....I have tried all the tricks to 'refresh' the update section in the app store but no luck so far.....

You are in good company. Our ticket queue is full with these queries. Hopefully they will have mainly resolved themselves by tomorrow lunchtime when we reply, as it may just roll out over a 24 hour period. Thanks for your patience.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I wonder if update/release availability in the App store follows the international timezone? o.O

The update was available in the App store from eastern Australia this morning (about 4 hours ago at the time of writing), and we're fairly early in the queue time-wise (not far behind our neighbours in New Zealand who are right at the beginning).

A quick Google search finds a few pages suggesting this might be the case.

1 hour ago, kwarn said:

...except if you live in Adelaide....still not on offer....but like most things, Adelaide gets bypassed yet again!

Ouch!

So much for that hypothesis. (Unless ISP caching, device availability variations, server load balancing, or other factors also come into play, as well as simple timezone factors?)

Tough luck @kwarn - I hope it becomes available soon for you and all the other users.

25 minutes ago, kwarn said:

Argghhhh.....still nothing.......

Try turning your iPad completely off and on again (especially if you have recently installed the iOS 11.2.6 update). According to a DM from another forum member, doing that made the Affinity update available to them. (Feel free to jump in and claim credit, you know who you are, as I'm hesitant to name a private communication.)

On 24/02/2018 at 9:17 AM, obtusity said:

Try turning your iPad completely off and on again (especially if you have recently installed the iOS 11.2.6 update). According to a DM from another forum member, doing that made the Affinity update available to them. (Feel free to jump in and claim credit, you know who you are, as I'm hesitant to name a private communication.)

Still waiting for that miracle and an 'update'......the problem may be that I have not updated to iOS 11 as yet...I still have apps that I need and waiting for updates so I can upgrade rom 10......

Just checked....min requirement 11.2....DOH!

• Staff
2 hours ago, kwarn said:

Still waiting ... 

Just checked....min requirement 11.2....DOH!

The ability to use the iOS file system is only just being opened up to programmers and the iPad sandboxing in iOS 10 did not fit with many of the new features in this version. Having multiple codepaths was causing too many problems that were only soluble with this system requirement, sorry. I hope that your other apps update soon for you.

May I ask what apps won’t run (well) for you on iOS 11?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

On 26/02/2018 at 5:53 PM, Patrick Connor said:

The ability to use the iOS file system is only just being opened up to programmers and the iPad sandboxing in iOS 10 did not fit with many of the new features in this version. Having multiple codepaths was causing too many problems that were only soluble with this system requirement, sorry. I hope that your other apps update soon for you.

May I ask what apps won’t run (well) for you on iOS 11?

Invoice2go is the culprit.....

I jumped onto their product back in 2011 when the app was a standalone, self contained product that ran on the iPad.

I was able to have as many companies as i wanted (i have 3 with this app) and since then, 'they' have decided to go cloud based which is useless for us who (still) have limited access to the internet.

The fact that it was standalone was the feature that 'sold' it to me.

Now there is a subscription for the service and each of the companies would require a 'service' making the product too expensive for me. One of the 'companies' was strictly used for issuing purchase orders during a renovation back in 2011 and nothing else. They don't have any 'view only' facility within their offer......

I just don't want to give up that information....I spent a year doing the reno and everything associated with it has that stupid sentimental value!

• 2 months later...

I finally came here to find out why Affinity Photo has never had any updates. iOS 10 gets no new updates. Lovely. I don't even know if any of my issues I reported with Affinity Photo were ever fixed before dumping iOS 10 support. I feel abandoned.

I'm on an iPad Pro 12.9" (first generation) and I actively fear iOS "upgrades". I've been an iOS user since the first iPhone and I've watched devices be utterly crippled by iOS "upgrades". Buying a new $1000 piece of hardware every couple of years is unacceptable 

Sigh.

• iMac 12,2, 16GB RAM, with Mac OS 10.13.6 (17G14033), Wacom Intuos3 9x12
• iPad Pro 12.9" 1st gen & Apple Pencil

http://dysamoria.com

You really should update to ios11. Your iPad will be fine.

Ios11 offers significant improvement in file management, allows you to run apps side by side and best of all, gives you back access to Affinity Photo.

ios 11.3.1 has been released for quite some time now and works perfectly on my iPad Pro and iPhone se (older tech). :)

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/