You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to update to 1.6.7

• Staff

Yes, it's possible we may have overlooked some setting. I will check this with the dev team. Meanwhile reinstalling the app does update it to the latest 1.6.7. Don't forget to save/backup any project/files you may have in the Welcome Screen before removing the app.

Hi,

Posted something about this on another topic. I can confirm that deleting and re-installing Photo on th iPad does indeed install the new version. Many thanks for an excellent package, I’m sure all the teething problems on dealing with Apple will be resolved.

On another point, editing my profile will not let me place a photo in the personal image dialogue, even tho I clicked on upload. 

• Staff
9 hours ago, Yesiam1996 said:

Tried to update my iOS and it says 11.2 is current and no update available.

Hi Yesiam

You do need IOS 11.2 in order to run this update.  Could you post a screenshot from 'Settings>General>Software Update' of your iPad and we can look into this further.

Hi, 

I'm new to this forum although not to Affinity Photo (MacOS and iOS).

I had the same problem until I updated my iPad Pro 10" to iOS 11.2.6 this morning. After that, I found the AP update to 1.6.7 in AppStore.

I hope this helps, have a nice weekend, regards 

Thomas

6 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi Yesiam

You do need IOS 11.2 in order to run this update.  Could you post a screenshot from 'Settings>General>Software Update' of your iPad and we can look into this further.

Very weird. Neither my iOS or the app would let me update yesterday but today both did. Guess the software Gods decided to stop playing with me.

Problem solved.

Yesi

• Staff
1 hour ago, Yesiam1996 said:

Very weird. Neither my iOS or the app would let me update yesterday but today both did. Guess the software Gods decided to stop playing with me.

Problem solved

Great to hear :)  

Sometimes those software Gods just like to cause mischief for no reason :D 

1 hour ago, stokerg said:

Sometimes those software Gods just like to cause mischief for no reason :D 

They’re certainly causing mischief here, Gareth! The App Store still isn’t offering me the update, but TestFlight is telling me to install build 1.6.7.76 of the app (even though I already have 1.6.7.76 beta installed and working). o.O

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
12 hours ago, Alfred said:

They’re certainly causing mischief here, Gareth! The App Store still isn’t offering me the update, but TestFlight is telling me to install build 1.6.7.76 of the app (even though I already have 1.6.7.76 beta installed and working). o.O

Morning Alfred,

I've got the update installed from the App Store, i had to refresh the updates page in the App Store for it show for me.  Testflight is also offering me the chance to install 1.6.7.76 but i suspect that's just because it's still classed as an active Beta by TestFlight.  You don't happen to have auto-updates enabled on the App Store? Check Settings>iTunes & App Store and see if Updates is enabled.  If it is, then it's auto updated to the update.  If not, then try refreshing the App Store updates page by swiping down.  If that fails to show the update, sign out and back in of the App Store. 

Failing that, now might be the time to look at making a sacrifice to the software Gods and deleting the app and downloading from the App Store, which will give you the updated version. If you do, please make sure to export anything from the Home screen, as that would be lost when you uninstalled. But as you know, you really shouldn't need to do that due to the update process the App Store offers us.

Morning Alfred,

I've got the update installed from the App Store, i had to refresh the updates page in the App Store for it show for me.  Testflight is also offering me the chance to install 1.6.7.76 but i suspect that's just because it's still classed as an active Beta by TestFlight.  You don't happen to have auto-updates enabled on the App Store? Check Settings>iTunes & App Store and see if Updates is enabled.  If it is, then it's auto updated to the update.

Thanks, Gareth. I do have auto-updates enabled on the App Store, but the point is somewhat moot now (see below).

If not, then try refreshing the App Store updates page by swiping down.  If that fails to show the update, sign out and back in of the App Store. 

Failing that, now might be the time to look at making a sacrifice to the software Gods and deleting the app and downloading from the App Store, which will give you the updated version. If you do, please make sure to export anything from the Home screen, as that would be lost when you uninstalled. But as you know, you really shouldn't need to do that due to the update process the App Store offers us.

Signing out of the App Store and back in again did nothing for me, as I reported here. My edit to that post explains what I ended up doing.

Thanks again for your input. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)