You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for iPad - 1.6.7

Patrick Connor

2 minutes ago, p_mac said:

I note that they also work very nicely with AP for Mac.

In the desktop version we don't really need the macros. They're just there to compensate for the lack of built-in live filters in the iPad version.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 23/02/2018 at 3:14 PM, ngquyetdinh said:

Hi Patrick Connor 

I was able to look for the "constrain" modifier button.

Could you please show me?

When you select Depth of field filter, tap the little triangle next to bottom menu. Attached photo shows result and how to get back. :)

5E8A1FF3-567A-4C9E-A661-0058EEBA8739.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

On 2018-02-23 at 2:53 PM, Alfred said:

In the desktop version we don't really need the macros. They're just there to compensate for the lack of built-in live filters in the iPad version.

There are two sets of brushes as well.  I haven't downloaded them before, have you?

4 hours ago, p_mac said:

There are two sets of brushes as well.  I haven't downloaded them before, have you?

No, those are apparently new (and very good they are, too). I was deliberately singling out the macros as something we don’t need in the desktop version. :)

Alfred spacer.png

7 hours ago, DM1 said:

When you select Depth of field filter, tap the little triangle next to bottom menu. Attached photo shows result and how to get back. :)

5E8A1FF3-567A-4C9E-A661-0058EEBA8739.jpeg

My AP on iPad hasn't that context toolbar in Depth of Field Blur filter (following attached screenshot). It's on 1.6.7.76. Is something wrong?

IMG_3371.PNG

vietchigo_web100.png.15cd8ed9ae3a19ac5fdc9d18f93de7b7.png

www.vietchigo.vn

9 minutes ago, ngquyetdinh said:

My AP on iPad hasn't that context toolbar in Depth of Field Blur filter (following attached screenshot). It's on 1.6.7.76. Is something wrong?

You need to go ‘Preferences > Interface’ and enable on-screen modifier keys.

Alfred spacer.png

31 minutes ago, Paul Eastwood said:

Can I use these "freebees on the desktop version as well?

Yes, you can. Please see @p_mac's post  (and my reply) at the top of this page.

Alfred spacer.png

• Staff
27 minutes ago, Paul Eastwood said:

Can I use these "freebees on the desktop version as well?

The brushes, yes though they are designed to work best with the pressure and tilt of the Apple pen (the light angle for example) 

The macros are just applying live filters, that the desktop version has already (there is no UI to add these live filters in the iPad version and these macros circumvent that), so on the desktop there is no point installing the macros, but technically yes also. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

Please add an option for disabling the magnifying glass while using the pen tool. I do comic book inking and rely on the pen tool heavily in my workflow. The magnifying glass blocks the view and prevents me from seeing clearly the path I am modifying. It actually breaks my workflow and I am considering downgrading to the previous Affinity version from my last iCloud backup. Whitch is a shame, considering the amount of improvements in this version. 

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, because of the way the Pencil input works now, I get lots of inadvertent color picker selections. We really need true desktop modifier keys on either side of the canvas. This would replicate the way most of us work on desktop with a Wacom and keyboard. #option #space #shift #control #command

iPad Pro 12.9 M1/Mac Mini M1, in that order

• 4 months later...

Hi I am trying to import my images (raw from the supported D750) directly to affinity photo for iPad from an SD card via the Apple dongle on iOS 12, and when I press add from camera in Affinity photo it crashes every time. Is it normal? Bug from beta iOS? SD card reader not supported? iPad (air 2) not powerful enough? Any help is welcome. 

Besides, is it possible to do a batch import? I don’t want my raw files to mess up with my Apple photos library so ideally would keep the raws in affinity photo or iCloud Drive. 

• 2 months later...