You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

i am looking forward to the public beta of affinity publisher. The question is very simple. Will a server version of Publisher be available to generate publisher files automatically via templates from external content resources like a cms? This would be the only interesting point for my company to have a look and finally use at the publisher in production.

If yes, i would like apply to a closed beta (to gain some speed) of the server to develop an open source module for the popular Drupal CMS and therfore also for the popular publishing distribution of drupal the Thunder CMS.

But just the message: Server, yes! would be nice ;)

Best wishes

Johannes

• Staff

Hi Joehoppe and Welcome to the Forums,

Something like this won't be in the 1st release of Publisher and might not even make it onto the roadmap at all.  The main aim of Publisher will be desktop publishing and once the Dev team have completed that side of things, they might look into something like this, but it won't be for some time.

Thank you all for your answers!

Ok good to know. We produce every month over 10 magazines plus also 10 Books with a lot of people working together. For a business like this it is necessary to generate the content in one place and deploy it to digital and print at any time via automated processes. Your Company may know about this and maybe this kind of workflow is not the target group of affinity publisher. But if it becomes one day a driver to expand your customers, keep a headles affinity publisher in mind :)

Anyway i am still exciting of the release of publisher. Love your other products!

• 4 years later...

Hey guys,

is there a chance that this topic might get a boost some day? I think with something like a cause this is Server REST API Affinity Publisher could ramp up the sales a lot.

Because this is something big companies hate about other companies. Their server technology is absolutely 19XX. I would love to see serifs take on this!

best regards,
Daniel