Zoltan Korcsok

Affinity Photo, Affinity Designer ̶ Rotated canvas and Decrease/increase brush width/hardness with on-screen readout

When the canvas rotated, the Decrease/increase brush width/hardness with on-screen readout orientation follows the rotation angle.
It is the problem with Designer's vector and pixel brushes also.
It would be great if the on-screen directions would always be the same (width: left/right and  hardness: up/down).

Affinity Photo build 1.6.1.93 (1.6.3.102), Affinity Designer build 1.6.1.93 (1.6.3.102)

Steps of reproduction (Affinity Photo):

1. select any paintbrush

2. rotate canvas with 90°

3. try Decrease/increase brush width with on-screen readout with Right mouse button press+Alt+drag (left/right)
 or
try Decrease/increase brush hardness with on-screen readout with Right mouse button press+Alt+drag (up/down)

HI Zoltan KorcsoI

I've been trying this in both our release and beta versions and as I rotate the canvas and the readout whilst adjusting the brush width/harness remains in the same orientation regardless of rotation. Are you able to attach any screenshots or video of what you are seeing?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

@Chris_K,

I can confirm @Zoltan Korcsok finding. It seems like the sizing relates to the orientation of the view. With full 90° rotation it's not affected. In between that it no longer is the sideways or up-down, it's more diagonal to change the brush size and hardness.

Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 ; Affinity Photo Beta 1.8.4.650; Win10 Home Version:1903, Build: 18362.207: Intel Core i7-4770, 3.90GHz, 32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 645, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD