You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

A couple of quirks in Paste Special dialog

Some quirks in the Paste Special dialogs may impact in productivity somewhat.

1) Sometimes the dialogs won't accept up/down arrows to select the desired option, other times they will.

2) Double-click should select an item then close the dialog immediately.

Designer_2018-02-21_16-55-05.png

Designer_2018-02-21_16-54-44.png

I don't have the problem with the arrows, but I agree with the double click.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

3 hours ago, rubs said:

Can any of you guys confirm this, please?

Arrow keys work fine here.

Double click does nothing. I agree, it should as you suggest.

Hitting ENTER behaves well. Closes the window and inserts the clipboard content.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

If you use this dialog enough you'll notice that sometimes the arrow keys don't work as well. I don't know exactly what triggers this error. It seems to occur more often when pasting from one text object to another.

2 hours ago, rubs said:

If you use this dialog enough you'll notice that sometimes the arrow keys don't work as well. I don't know exactly what triggers this error. It seems to occur more often when pasting from one text object to another.

Admittedly I did not an extensive test and unfortunately I don't use this dialog too often. Still, I keep an eye to it...

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.