You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

NOISE IN COLOR

1 hour ago, trksnoos said:

Please let me know if its possible to add noise in a color Swatch on a selected color.

This function would be very very useful.

Hello @trksnoos,

with an object selected look at the Colour Palette (it is usually top right). At the bottom you see a fader that says 'Opacity' with a small coloured circle beneath it.

Click on the circle and the fader's title (and function) changes to 'Noise'. Then you can move the fader to the right and add noise to the object's fill.

I hope that is what you are looking for :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

45 minutes ago, Michelle_5 said:

I would like other noise patterns available. Especially some with less fine grain. You don't have to invent them - film grain emulation would be fine. Some are perhaps open source.

I assume this would be better done with a plugin. And I also assume this will be more of a pixel effect in Affinity Photo :)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M

50 minutes ago, Fixx said:

noise colour to swatches

Just out of curiousity: you mean 'noise colour' in terms of 'noise of different colours than the basic colour' as opposed to 'noise as a variation of the basic colour'?

If so, I think 'noise colour' is not available in the Colour palette, only the latter.

Personally I would look for a plugin to add noise with more control over it's generation (e.g. NIK)

What I also did in the past was to use film scans on a seperate layer with a blend mode.

Cheers,

d.

2 hours ago, dominik said:

you mean 'noise colour' in terms of 'noise of different colours than the basic colour' as opposed to 'noise as a variation of the basic colour'?

Colour with noise as it is in Colour palette presented.

Oh yes telemax, that is the way it works. I just tried to drag colour to swatches which tend to fail in Affinity.

2 hours ago, dominik said:

Personally I would look for a plugin to add noise with more control over it's generation (e.g. NIK)

Personally I like to use noise in Designer and have it procedural. At the moment though there are no controls but % for noise, which means only way to control roughness is to adjust document dpi, which is less than optimal work flow.

Hello,

First of all thanks for the tips to access the noise parameter. that was my original question and I got the right response. Regarding those additional demands I think that control of size of the moise would be great. and being able to blur it it as well. this would help a lot in specific cases. 

8 hours ago, Fixx said:

Colour with noise as it is in Colour palette presented.

Oh yes telemax, that is the way it works. I just tried to drag colour to swatches which tend to fail in Affinity.

I understand. Well, then you are already served with the basic settings ;)

Let's see what future developments will bring.

Cheers,

d.