You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Macros install

• Staff

Hi JohnnyGee,

Welcome to the forum

To install the Marco Pack v1 into your iPad Affinity Photo you will need to use a file compression app to extract the zip file and then import the macros using the Macro studio, there a several free compression utilities available from the App Store.

Thanks for you replies and help. I still have an issue. I've successfully unzipped the file. I've stored them in my Files Folders in my Ipad. When I attempt to import to Affinity from the Files Folders, the files are all grayed out. Is there an Ipad setting I need to change?

Cheers

John

Open AP but don’t open a photo proj. Open iOS Files and navigate to the macro. Using Share, and copy to AP, to import the macro. I'm pretty sure you can import macros that way too.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

From the last changelog:

- Allow .afmacros files to be imported from the Files app.

Its crucial like DM1 noticed that you have no project open in Affinity Photo. Otherwise you will get an error message. I just imported them by opening the macro in the Apple Files App.

cheers,

Lutz

| https://www.instagram.com/lutz.heidbrink https://500px.com/lutzheidbrink | https://www.eyeem.com/u/pixelcoder | https://society6.com/pixelcoder 
iPad Pro 10.5 - iOS 11.4.1 - Affinity Photo 1.6.7 - Affinity Designer 1.6.0.35 :11_blush:

• 10 months later...

Hi! I need a help with macros, a fresh look, becouse even after reading this instruction i still can't import macro. I even tryed to rename from *.afmacros to *.macros,  and *.afmacro. I exported from desktop *.afmacro (without S). Looks like i read everything about import macros on the forum, like post below, but still can't find correct way. Basically I try to import macros pack from your site. Thanks!

On 8/18/2017 at 2:24 PM, MEB said:

Hi A.L.L. Media L.L.C.

.macro files (without the "S" in the end) describe the steps of a single macro created in the Macro panel (in the desktop app) and as such they can only be imported from the Macro panel. When you add one of these macro files to the Library panel in the desktop app, they can then be exported as a .macros file (a set of one or more macros each one containing their own steps). It's those files that can be imported from the Library Studio on the iPad (or from the Library panel on deskop).

photo_2019-01-09_13-57-13.jpg

• Staff

Hi Evgeniy,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Do the following: open a document on Affinity Photo on iPad, tap the Macros Studio icon on the right (looks like a play button - almost on bottom), then tap the small menu icon on the top of the Macros Studio and select Import Macros.... Pick the .afmacros file you have placed on iCloud/cloud service. To access them tap the button on top of the Macros Studio (it probably says <Default>) to open a pop-up, scroll that pop-up and select corresponding section (which are the ones you imported) to display them.

12 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Evgeniy,
Importing macros to the iPad is a little different. Do the following: tap the Macros Studio icon on the right (looks like a play button - almost on bottom), then tap the small menu icon on the top of the Macros Studio and select Import Macros.... Then pick the  live-filters.afmacros file (you will not see the extension just the live-filters name) you have placed on iCloud. To access them tap the button on top of the Macros Studio (it probably says <Default>) to open a pop-up, scroll that pop-up and select Live Filters (which are the ones you imported) to display them.

Thanks! The problem was in place where I stored macros. I stored it in Google Drive vich I can use in Files, but can't import to Affinity Photo(even if I use Files). When I move macros direct to iCloud I could import it.

• 6 months later...

Sorry for reviving an old topic. I recently purchased the iPad version of Affinity Photo and I'm having an issue installing macros that I originally got with the desktop version (Force 1 Pack).

Little more detail to help:

1. Macros are currently in my iCloud folder
  2. They have the .afmacros extension
  3. A new document is open

Having said those things, When I go to macro studio > hamburger menu > import macros... The macro files on my iCloud are grayed out and I can't import them.

On 8/1/2019 at 8:09 AM, PrimeNe said:

Sorry for reviving an old topic. I recently purchased the iPad version of Affinity Photo and I'm having an issue installing macros that I originally got with the desktop version (Force 1 Pack).

Little more detail to help:

1. Macros are currently in my iCloud folder
  2. They have the .afmacros extension
  3. A new document is open

Having said those things, When I go to macro studio > hamburger menu > import macros... The macro files on my iCloud are grayed out and I can't import them.

Are you using IOS12? If your on the iPadOS13 beta everything is broken apart from using a dropbox folder which you can import macros from.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

10 hours ago, Paul Mudditt said:

Are you using IOS12? If your on the iPadOS13 beta everything is broken apart from using a dropbox folder which you can import macros from.

Thank you Paul. I am using iPadOS13 beta, I guess I'll just move them to dropbox and import from there for now :)

Edited by PrimeNe

• 3 months later...

Hello, I am a new user. I just picked up my iPad yesterday and I’ve been playing around. 
I downloaded the desktop app so I can create my own macros. But when I try to install them to the iPad app, the macro file is grayed out. I tried 3 copies. One on the iCloud Drive, one directly on the iPad and one on Dropbox. All grayed out. I’m using the latest software on everything.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

• Staff

Hi Logas 69,
The iPad version doesn't support creating or importing .afmacro (without S at the end) files - that is the file that stores the steps that compose a single macro. It only supports. afmacros (with S at the end) files - which are the files that store one or more macros (each one composed by its own steps).

So to import a macro you have created in the Macro panel (which only exports them as. afmacro files - the steps of a single macro -) in the desktop version you first have to add it to the Library - you do this clicking the Add To Library icon on the top right of the Macro panel - and only then export the macro from the Library panel itself (which exports them as afmacros (with an S at the end) files - even if it only contains a single macro ( it may have more).

So, before you add the macro to the Library i advise you to create a new category in the Library panel (click the menu icon on the top right of the Library panel and select Create New Category, then click the menu icon on the top right of the category you just created and select Rename... so you can easily identify it. Go back to the Macro panel, where you have the steps of the macro displayed, click the Add To Library icon, select the category you just created from the dropdown and give the macro a name (usually what it does so you can identify it later). With the macro now added to the Library, click the menu icon on the top right of the category you created and select Export Macros.... It's this file you must import on iPad going to the Macros studio there, clicking the menu icon on the header of the Macros Studio and selecting Import Macros... (the .afmacros file  - with the S at the end - shouldn't appear greyed out).

Let me know if you still have trouble.

13 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Logas 69,
The iPad version doesn't support creating or importing .afmacro (without S at the end) files - that is the file that stores the steps that compose a single macro. It only supports. afmacros (with S at the end) files - which are the files that store one or more macros (each one composed by its own steps).

So to import a macro you have created in the Macro panel (which only exports them as. afmacro files - the steps of a single macro -) in the desktop version you first have to add it to the Library - you do this clicking the Add To Library icon on the top right of the Macro panel - and only then export the macro from the Library panel itself (which exports them as afmacros (with an S at the end) files - even if it only contains a single macro ( it may have more).

So, before you add the macro to the Library i advise you to create a new category in the Library panel (click the menu icon on the top right of the Library panel and select Create New Category, then click the menu icon on the top right of the category you just created and select Rename... so you can easily identify it. Go back to the Macro panel, where you have the steps of the macro displayed, click the Add To Library icon, select the category you just created from the dropdown and give the macro a name (usually what it does so you can identify it later). With the macro now added to the Library, click the menu icon on the top right of the category you created and select Export Macros.... It's this file you must import on iPad going to the Macros studio there, clicking the menu icon on the header of the Macros Studio and selecting Import Macros... (the .afmacros file  - with the S at the end - shouldn't appear greyed out).

Let me know if you still have trouble.

Wow thank you! It worked like a charm. And I didn't realize it until i read it that I had 17 steps on that macro. Hehe! 

• 8 months later...

Thanks so much to everyone who discussed and those who shared information on this subject.  This has helped immensely. I was viewing a Scott Williams video called Sharpening 5 Ways for Affinity Photo and his final and favorite technique is a rather complicated setup with Bilateral Blur. It was hard to follow the desktop version he showed when I’m on my iPad. But he left a link to his macro. I downloaded it but couldn’t figure how to load it until I found this thread. The share button rules. Got a free unzip utility and whamo, the macro went right in my Macro studio and a tap put the whole layer stack and blends right into the Layer studio ready to adjust for artifact free sharpening. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you 

This forum is a valuable resource.