Dante Cat

Clone, heal, inpainting tools ot working on certain layers

The clone, heal, inpainting tools are not working on layers other than the original background layer.  I checked to make sure I’m working on a pixel layer, opacity is 100%, flow is 100%, hardness is 0 or 10% (didn’t work with either), blending is normal, it’s set for the current layer.  I can set the source with my finger, but it just doesn’t do anything.  It does work on the background layer, though when I switched the order of the layers, it still didn’t work on anything other than the original background layer.  Please fix.

You are working on an "Image"-type layer. Rasterize the layer, then it will become a "Pixel"-layer (like the background already is), then it should work.

It is a problem when placing images. AP does not load those as pixel-layers. Doesn't the iPad version have an assistent like the desktop version?

Hi Dante Cat,

Thanks for the screenshot. Seems you are dragging images from the Files app or placing them on the document taping the More button (the three dots icon on the top left of the interface and selecting Place from Photos / Cloud. These methods place the image on the document as a new Image layer type (you can check the type of layer you are working on looking at the label in small letters right above the layer's name in the Layers Studio). Image layers cannot be edited at a pixel level - you can look at them as "embedded" images that retain the original image data so you can rescale/transform them globally without losing quality - but they cannot be changed at a pixel level. For that you need to convert them to Pixel layers first. To do this select the Image layer in the Layers Studio then tap the More button (the three dots icon on the top left of the interface) and select Rasterise ▸ Rasterise. You can then change these layers as you see fit.