You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

.RW2 Raw Hot pixel problem

Hi!

I would have a big problem. If you open a .RW2 Panasonic Raw file for Affinity Photo, it will not fix any Hot and Dead pixels.

Lightroom is perfect for the picture. It also delivers perfectly to Photoshop Express, but Affinity Photo can see Hot Pixels in multiple places.

Is there a setting here that I did not notice? Why does not it fix automatically? Do you have a solution?
This should be a very basic thing.

I use iPad Pro 2017 /12.9"/
Thank you (Sorry Google Translate)

• Staff

Hi Carlas and Welcome to the Forums,

This has come up before here and it turns out the RAW engine (Apple Core Image RAW) we use on the iPad, doesn't remove dead/hot pixels.

You could try using the inpainting brush to remove the hot/dead pixel or the clone tool.

8 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Hi Carlas and Welcome to the Forums,

This has come up before here and it turns out the RAW engine (Apple Core Image RAW) we use on the iPad, doesn't remove dead/hot pixels.

You could try using the inpainting brush to remove the hot/dead pixel or the clone tool.

Thanks.
Will this be fixed sometime? Because it's pretty big trouble unfortunately. On the iPad, PS express flawlessly fixes the problem, but I want to use Affinity Photo for 100%.

Are they working on the repair?

Now I do that I set the lights in PS express, went to .jpg and transferred it to Affinity Photo. But this is not the best way.

Any other solution?

Thanks

• Staff
Just now, Carlas said:

Will this be fixed sometime? Because it's pretty big trouble unfortunately. On the iPad, PS express flawlessly fixes the problem, but I want to use Affinity Photo for 100%.

Are they working on the repair?

PS will be using a different RAW engine to the one we use, which is why you get different results.  From my understanding this isn't something that is broken, it's just the RAW engine we use doesn't support removing dead pixels and that's something that Apple would have to enable/fix before this would be possible in Affinity.

1 minute ago, stokerg said:

PS will be using a different RAW engine to the one we use, which is why you get different results.  From my understanding this isn't something that is broken, it's just the RAW engine we use doesn't support removing dead pixels and that's something that Apple would have to enable/fix before this would be possible in Affinity.

Now I understand what the problem is. Thanks

Will this not be fixed until Apple does something?

Maybe another Raw engine, for example, that PS uses or its own RAW engine? Or did you send any indication to Apple that it would be needed?

Any other solution to the problem at present?

There is really a problem with evening pictures. For the daytime pictures, the few points do not matter.

I thank you so much for everything! The program is gorgeous, but I'm working on it, but it's a big deal!

• Staff
27 minutes ago, Carlas said:

Any other solution to the problem at present?

Only to use the Clone tool or inpainting brush and remove them manually.

27 minutes ago, Carlas said:

Will this not be fixed until Apple does something?

Thats correct, but again this may not even be broken and just isn't something that IOS and the Core Image RAW can do. It's not something we can directly fix (if broken) or enable/add.

On 2/20/2018 at 0:00 PM, stokerg said:

Only to use the Clone tool or inpainting brush and remove them manually.

Thats correct, but again this may not even be broken and just isn't something that IOS and the Core Image RAW can do. It's not something we can directly fix (if broken) or enable/add.