flyer

Crop Tool customizable presets

It would be very helpful to get customizable crop tool presets (like in photoshop). We need to produce images at specific sizes for web and print purposes e.g. 490 pixels x 220 pixels or 30cm x 10 cm @ 304 dpi and it would be nice to be able to customize (an unlimited amount of) presets. 

PS has also interesting Rectangular Marquee Tool styles: Normal, Fixed Ratio, Fixed Size. They can be used for Crop Tool also.

Dell Inspiron 7559 i7    Windows 10 x64 Pro
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )    16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive    UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display

+10, and aspect ratio awareness and presets in the crop tool, too. So it can be scaled in whatever desired ratio the user has. e.g. 16:9, 4:3,  16:10, 5:4, etc.

Selling point? This is great for working with content for video, and UI design.

Yes, this is the first thing I tried to do with Affinity Photo Beta and I was ready to toss my computer out the window in frustration. All of the photo files I use need to be output at set sizes and they rarely fall into the presets you include. 

Even if you can just type in dimensions in mm or pixels that would be brilliant. This feature would put this app well on the way to replacing PS for me. 

Cheers. 

May be there is no need for crop tool if rectangular (oval, column, row) marquee selection tool have resizing handles. After adjusting the selection, just press C or some other shortcut to crop it.

Dell Inspiron 7559 i7    Windows 10 x64 Pro
Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M )    16GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GBx2)    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5
1TB HDD + 128 GB SSD Hard drive    UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display